First Major GAS?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Matteran, Mar 5, 2005.

1. Kamelion

Kamelion

Jun 6, 2005
    Abu Dhabi
    I got GAS real bad the day I spotted this charcoal Kubicki Ex-Factor 4 in the shop window of Rock Palace. Played it, fell in love, came back the next week and put down a deposit. I spent the next few weeks coming back and staring at it in obssessive lust until I was able to arrange to buy it in installments. Took me almost a year to pay the thing off (I was really poor back then) but I've pretty much played nothing else for the last 12 years.

I also once had a wild spurt of GAS that only lasted 20 minutes but ended with me walking out of the store with a Rickenbacker 4003FL. Great bass but not really my style at the end of the day. Oh well.

I really don't wanna talk about the brain-affecting GAS that caused me to buy a Stagg 5-string in a moment of complete mental ineptitude. I like to think that I bought some spare strings that day - they just happened to come attached to a fancy bass-shaped display unit :rollno:.

2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 31, 2021