1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fivers

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ChemicalFire, Mar 8, 2008.

1. ChemicalFire

ChemicalFire

Dec 10, 2007
    So I am looking for a 5 stringer bass, to play a mix of Rock, Hard Rock and Metal, I am saving money up untill April, which is when my birthday is. So I am going to ask for just money and then head up to GAK or perhaps Denmark Street in London with some friends. I am looking at some of the following:

Ibanez Sr505
    Ibanez K5
    MusicMan Sub 5 (4 string shown here)
    Fender Jazz V

2. TheDarkReaver

TheDarkReaver Banned

Mar 20, 2006
    Lincolnshire, UK
    look into the ATK as well, those things rawk.

3. Dunne

Dunne

Sep 3, 2006
    Illinois, USA
    +1, and they're pretty affordable

4. +2 for the ATK

5. BadB

BadB

May 25, 2005
    USA
    If you like Ibanez, I was going to suggest the RD series, but it appears that they've been discontinued. They were a MM/J style that sounded and played good, with a low pricepoint.

6. And the Yamaha 3XX series. I have a 375 and it is a perfectly usable instrument once I put Black Beauties on it.

7. ChemicalFire

ChemicalFire

Dec 10, 2007
    I currently play a Yamaha RBX270, I'm kinda trying to get away from those basses.

8. Why? Never played a 270.

9. MyUsernameHere

MyUsernameHere ?????????????

Nov 3, 2007
    Lexington KY
    LOL High praise indeed.

I thought they were discontinued, but if you find one I vote SUB out of the choices you have listed.

10. interwebhobo

interwebhobo

Nov 27, 2007
    Houston, TX
    The 505 ibanez sucks. Don't get it, the sound is Horrible.

11. my vote is definitely with the K5... may not be for everybody but... slim neck with small string spacing just invites so easy playing... keep the mids way up on the pre amp and you have a very punchy bass... I basically just use the pickup selector for going from a slap / rock tone using fingers to changing to a country/jazz tone... VERY low action and sensitive but I love it...

in case you cant tell... I love this bass :bassist:I can hardly go back to the rbx375 now...