flash your bass skills

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by karnivore666, Mar 20, 2011.

1. karnivore666

karnivore666

Mar 20, 2011
  2. Why? I don't enjoy trying to show off and impress people, if I wanted to do that I'd learn guitar

Or learn how to slap :bag:

Btw you need to play that song slower and get it down nice and smooth, you're playing it very choppy.

3. I highly approve of the Pulling Teeth. Huge Burton fan. I'll send you a little bit of my playing.

4. karnivore666

karnivore666

Mar 20, 2011
    thanks tyler im new to this and i wasnt trying to brag or show off im acually very unconfident its just i like to watch other peoples versions

5. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    Become confident in your playing and it will show physically.

Posting unconfident youtube videos will do more to make you less confident than more confident. IMHO.

6. Well youtube is covered with that..

7. karnivore666

karnivore666

Mar 20, 2011
    i do try to be im just a natrually unconfident person

8. Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More

Feel free to add me if you can't watch it.

It's not super coherent, just me goofing off.

You'll hear Anesthesia, Peace Sells, Master of Puppets (well, I play it in a different fashion just ofr this video), and Cowboys from Hell excerpts.

9. karnivore666

karnivore666

Mar 20, 2011
    well whats you fb name and ill add you cos my facebook is awkward

10. karnivore666

karnivore666

Mar 20, 2011
    done man :)

11. Avalon

Avalon

Feb 28, 2009
    Dude. Post away. Enjoy. Asking others to do the same is a pretty good idea too. Just keep practicing and it will get better. People will always talk smack. You can't avoid that, so just let it roll off your shoulders.

I am 45 and just starting out. Basically, I'm pretty lousy, but sometimes I hit that lick perfectly. One big thing that really helps me is slowing down and pressing down hard. After a while, playing faster comes naturally.

Of course, my practice bass has high action and that seems to strengthen that grip. I also make a point of work that pinky finger the most. I'm now able to hit some of those tougher licks because that pinky is becoming more and more reliable.

12. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    Endorsing artist: Dingwall Guitars
    Most of us don't play bass. We just talk about them.

You probably want to post this over at
    playbass.com

13. karnivore666

karnivore666

Mar 20, 2011
    hahaha man your pretty good so do you make basses from scratch ??

14. karnivore666

karnivore666

Mar 20, 2011
    thanks avalon im only 13 just trying to make a start ive played bass since september

15. Me? Yeah, it's not my best effort but when I recorded that I was just learning 2 hand tapping...I should do a new one.

And I'm working on the first one now, should be a cool bass when it's done.

16. karnivore666

karnivore666

Mar 20, 2011
    wow my video has gon from 10 veiws to 60 in ten minute thanks everyone

17. karnivore666

karnivore666

Mar 20, 2011
    dude thats awsome tyler i love the flying v style one :D

18. Avalon

Avalon

Feb 28, 2009
    Only 13? So if you just practice for 20 minutes every day... buddy, in a couple of years you'll be just as fit to be on stage as anyone else on this forum.

By the way, nice looking bass too. BC Rich Zombie?

19. recreate.me

recreate.me

Apr 2, 2010
    Ontario
    lol

I dont have any videos up, I keep saying I am going to do recordings and videos of stuff and the idea of playing to a camera full of people who will "like" or"dislike" me isn't appealing haha I have recordings with my band in my sig.

If it helps I started playing bass for the band, some friends wanted to start a band and i said i would play bass, that was about two years ago... Now we play regularly, make money and travel lol

The found its always easier to play sitting, and when standing i tend to have my bass just above belt height for a new song, as i get better i can lower it haha Its just easier, if you play well, no one cares what you look like. Check out Protest The Hero, whole band of nipple riders haha

20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 25, 2021