Florida Bassists Club

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by q1014, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Marcus Willett

Marcus Willett

Feb 8, 2005
    Palm Bay, FL
    Endorsing Artist: Bag End - Dean Markley - Thunderfunk
    Me too but ain’t no way to drive straight across the state...would be a lot quicker if there was.

TinIndian likes this.
  2. TinIndian

TinIndian Supporting Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Micco Florida
    Got that right. It's either down to 60 or fight it thru Orlando/Kissimmee.

Marcus Willett likes this.
  3. Saw you are in Palm Bay, My band is driving up from Sebring to play Earl's in Sebastian on Saturday night.

TinIndian likes this.
  4. TinIndian

TinIndian Supporting Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Micco Florida
    Love playing Earls! I grew up in the Sebastian area, Micco is just over the bridge if you've ever driven another couple miles up US1. I actually live in Palm Bay as well. If I can get down there Saturday I will.

5. Marcus Willett

Marcus Willett

Feb 8, 2005
    Palm Bay, FL
    We should hook up at some point. A trio thing I do (acoustic-ish classic rock) is opening for Firehouse on the 28th.

6. Marcus Willett

Marcus Willett

Feb 8, 2005
    Palm Bay, FL
    Nice I’ll see if I can make it by.

7. Oh, I didn't now Micco was just up the road from Sebastian. We started playing Earl's about a year ago, usually the Sat. night slot, but we played a Friday or two recently. They have us listed at 8-midnight and the earlier band ending at 6 p.m. I think they pushed us back a half hour, but at least it leaves 2 hours between bands. We usually show up 2 hours before a gig and set up in an hour and then kill an hour eating or whatever. That builds extra time when the drummer's triggers or settings are messed up and the sound check drags, Ha, Ha.

8. We go by Raisin' Cain, mostly classic rock with female singer. One of our guitar players is still on a long vacation in his motor home, but we had been playing for like 6 or 7 weeks with one guitar and have been doing OK.

9. Muddslide

Muddslide

Feb 23, 2007
    Mobile, Alabama
    Been in Florida since xmas 2016. Really digging it. I'm in the panhandle on the beach.

Very much want to see more...St Augustine especially. Haven't made it further South than St Pete.

But turns out I'm moving to Mobile, Alabama next month. At least I'll still be close!

trickyric likes this.
  10. WesW

WesW <><

Jul 25, 2002
    Lynn Haven, FL
    Nice - another panhandle guy. Are you playing anywhere?

11. Razman

Razman Supporting Member

Feb 10, 2005
    Orange Park, FL
    St. Augustine is nice - only 30 min away from me. Come when the weather is nice - since you are on the Panhandle you have better beaches anyway, but it's much nicer walking around the Oldest City when there isn't humidity! Bring money and stay for several days, go to the sights and take tours. It's great.

Duder and TinIndian like this.
  12. trickyric

trickyric Supporting Member

May 21, 2017
    South Florida
    I was gonna say you are closer to being in Alabama than the rest of Florida.
    Destin area is pretty awesome. I get up their a few times a year

13. Muddslide

Muddslide

Feb 23, 2007
    Mobile, Alabama
    Alas, no. In fact, haven't even had a bass in over two years thanks to a crazy ex who took everything of value I owned, ruined my credit and split.

But I've been playing close to 40 years and gigged heavy about 25. I'll climb back in the saddle dammit!

WesW likes this.
  14. Hey Y'all. Count me in, could I get a number?

15. WesW

WesW <><

Jul 25, 2002
    Lynn Haven, FL
    Yikes - sorry to hear that. I haven't been in a group for a while, but taking lessons and been playing for 20+ . . . so just getting ready for the next gig. :) I'm military, so moving around has put a damper on being in a band sitauation.

16. Plantation.

17. Mantis Tobaggan

Mantis Tobaggan Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2015
    Tampa, FL
    We are playing at Will’s pub in Orlando tonight if anyone is out and about :thumbsup:

edmidlifecrisis likes this.
  18. Ghook

Ghook

Sep 25, 2018
    Eastern US
    Hi...seasonal Ocala resident. Nov-Apr. Just getting back into bass after an almost 50 year hiatus...thats hard to wrap my head around

19. Ghook

Ghook

Sep 25, 2018
    Eastern US
    Anyone know of "friendly" open jam nites in or around Ocala, Fl. ? I really want to find an opportunity to play in a casual setting.

20. edmidlifecrisis

edmidlifecrisis Registered mediocre bass player

Hi all! I am playing in Palm Beach County a few times in the next month. Tonight at Harry and the Natives (if it doesn't rain) in Hobe Sound from 6-9, then Sunday Oct 21 at The Brewhouse Gallery in Lake Park, and again at the Brewhouse (different band) on Nov 4, both Brewhouse shows are 6-9 Sunday shows.

TinIndian and Goatrope like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 18, 2021