Florida Bassists Club

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by q1014, Mar 4, 2008.

1. J2Kbass

J2Kbass

Nov 14, 2011
    Gainesville, FL
    I’m also in for a central FL gtg

FretFree and Marley's Ghost like this.
  2. TinIndian

TinIndian Supporting Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Micco Florida
    I'll come depending on when it may be.

FretFree likes this.
  3. Cool. If I get enough bites on this I'll start a new thread for a GTG and link back to it here.

4. BassGuyFL

BassGuyFL Formerly known as RichardCranium

Mar 9, 2009
    Boynton Bch FL
    Hope everyone gets through the storm ok! Be safe.

5. vlopez1130

vlopez1130

Mar 19, 2017
    You too! Broward we prepared as much as our wallets and available supplies allowed.

6. Goatrope

Goatrope Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Sarasota Florida
    Sarasota checking-in... Wait-n-see mode over here, although gas stations already running out of fuel.

BassGuyFL likes this.
  7. J2Kbass

J2Kbass

Nov 14, 2011
    Gainesville, FL
    All gas stations empty in Gainesville

Goatrope likes this.
  8. cattrax

cattrax

Oct 17, 2010
    Gainesville, FL
    Yep!

9. Got gas yesterday in sebring,..... sat, sun and monday shows cancelled, but our first time for us at a restaurant/club friday night (now in Englewood) is a huge success

Goatrope, Kevin Wolfe and Razman like this.
  10. TinIndian

Jan 25, 2011
    Micco Florida
    Well all was fine here in Brevard. Really there wasn't much at all going on around me since it stayed far enough offshore. I really feel bad about the Bahamas. Those people got devastated from this thing.

StuStu, Ronzo and Goatrope like this.
  11. trickyric

trickyric Supporting Member

May 21, 2017
    South Florida
    We are all fine in Broward. I am praying for the rest of the country to be spared... And prayers those people in the Bahamas

StuStu, TinIndian, Ronzo and 3 others like this.
  12. BassGuyFL

BassGuyFL Formerly known as RichardCranium

Mar 9, 2009
    Boynton Bch FL
    Yup made it fine fortunately. Now I gotta put the shutters back up and drink all this water!

trickyric and Goatrope like this.
  13. Razman

Razman Supporting Member

Feb 10, 2005
    Orange Park, FL
    I just can't imagine having a cat 5 hurricane sitting over land for more than an entire day - unreal, God bless those people.

A non-event here fortunately (Middleburg) but we are a ways from the coast. Seemed like most of the rain bands were squished between the eye and the coast; not much made it on land.

14. TinIndian

Jan 25, 2011
    Micco Florida
    Yeah I'm trying to figure out what to do with this Underwood Deviled Ham.

Spackle? Maybe?

15. Razman

Razman Supporting Member

Feb 10, 2005
    Orange Park, FL
    When Irma came through I got some of that stuff for my wife - just asked her the other day if she was going to eat it or not and she said not to throw it out yet. :thumbsdown: :rollno:

TinIndian likes this.
  16. TinIndian

Jan 25, 2011
    Micco Florida
    LOL. Yeah 4 cans of SPAM in there too. I'm not a fan of that either but my oldest son and wife like the stuff so hey, at least that wont go to waste!

17. Razman

Razman Supporting Member

Feb 10, 2005
    Orange Park, FL
    SPAM?? Perish the thought!

18. trickyric

trickyric Supporting Member

May 21, 2017
    South Florida
    Tell you what,
    I moved to Florida in the 1980's for college. My first hurricane was Andrew. We went down to feed the volunteers and first responders with the Domino's pizza mobile unit.
    I will never forget what it looked like, smelled like and what the air felt like.
    They were pulling bodies out of the rubble for what seemed like days... It was really life changing stuff.

19. TinIndian

Jan 25, 2011
    Micco Florida
    I missed Andrew, I was living in Atlanta at the time. I had a number of friends that went down for the cleanup and a couple that stayed down that way for a couple years in construction.

trickyric likes this.
  20. Duder

Duder

Dec 6, 2014
    Florida
    I think I was a freshman in high school and my church went down to help clean up down there. The older kids were more privy to things like what you saw. The younger ones, like myself, helped clean debris from less hectic areas.

trickyric likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 18, 2021