1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Focusrite 2i2

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by funkybass, Oct 17, 2013.

1. funkybass

funkybass

Oct 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Does anyone own a focusrite 2i2? I was wondering if you can control the volume of each input? Say you have a bass and vocal mic plugged in, can you turn the bass and mic up or down? It seems to only have a gain knob.

2. bigswifty1

bigswifty1

Dec 8, 2011
    There is a separate gain control for each channel, so you have some volume control for each channel.

After setting channel gain, you would normally make finer channel volume control in whatever is downstream of the 2i2 - in other words in the software

Mike

3. funkybass

funkybass

Oct 19, 2006
    Indiana
    I'm wanting to use this for Skype lessons, is the sodtware just for recording?

4. The Focusrite 2i2 is an audio interface. It's mostly used for recording audio but I don't see why it couldn't be used for podcasting or skyping. I never used Skype but I'm sure there's a "setting" or "preferences" tab or folder to allow you to select an audio input.

5. Essen

Essen Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Norway
    It can be used for Skype, no problem. Basically it replaces your computers current soundcard.
    I recommend downloading the (free) asio4all plugin if you want to get the latency down. The stock Focusrite plugin isn't all that great.