Fodera X-Caliper Compressor

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by TimothyGroovy, Feb 25, 2006.

1. TimothyGroovy

TimothyGroovy Supporting Member Commercial User

Aug 3, 2000
    Hong Kong
    Owner: Uni••Sound
  2. mgmadian

Feb 4, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Raising a long-dead post here... anyone know if Fodera ever released this compressor in the US (or even at all)?
  3. I think i saw one sitting around the fodera shop in new york when i went a few months ago.

i'm sure joey or vinny would hook you up for the right price

4. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    I've only ever seen one on Japanese websites.
  5. mgmadian

Feb 4, 2002
    Austin, TX
    sounds like a quote from The Sopranos... :)

prolly true, guess I'm also wondering if anyone's had any experience with one... looks interesting
  6. LMAO
  7. chris.gotfunk

Mar 21, 2007
    Ashburn, Va
    I will chime in. I went to the 2007 January NAMM show with Fodera and we had one laying around. Pretty cool little compressor. I was giving it a test drive in the booth when we were slow (Yes, Fodera had a slow time during NAMM). It was basically the proto-type, but I dug it. I am not a fan of compressors but this thing did a pretty good job. I was a little confused at the knobs and how to find that sweetspot, but once I found it I was impressed. It felt well built, good components and good sound. I thought it was a little pricey though. Like I said before, I am not a fan of compressors so I really do not have anything to compare this to. It did what it was supposed to though. I hope that helps a little bit.
  8. groooooove

groooooove Supporting Member

Dec 17, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    thread revival.

do these compressors exist or what??
  9. bongomania

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    As far as I have been able to determine, they "exist" but only one or two have traveled outside Japan, and I haven't been motivated to order one from there.
  10. claudeshag

Jan 29, 2005
    I got one of these from Mike Pope (in this country ;)) & within a month had ditched my Ashley. Lots of flexibility in a much smaller/lighter package, assuming you don't need two channels of comp... Though the cost of two of these is still competitive with a good 2 channel rack unit.
    Here is a link to some sound clips:
    I can't say enough good things about this comp! If folks are interested in these pedals I'm sure a pm or email to Mike would go a long way.
  11. ModuMan

ModuMan How many is too many? Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2007
    Bristol, CT #19
    A little bump to this thread for a great pedal.

I contacted Mike and then contacted Fodera directly. It is really light, I thought they might have forgotten to put it in the box! ;)

It's definitely versatile and I'm still getting used to working with it.

As an aside, it didn't initially come with a power adapter and it doesn't take batteries. I contacted Fodera again and they promptly sent one. It's a good thing I didn't experiment - it takes a 24V adapter!

So, thanks to Fodera and Mike. He did mention that he has a few and that there aren't likely to be more so if you want one you should probably do it soon.
  12. Just Thumpin'

Just Thumpin' Gold Supporting Member

Mar 7, 2008
    NE United States
    Manager and Partner, Fodera Guitars (as of 10/14/09)
    We still have several at the shop...

13. darkbass

darkbass Gold Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2006
    RockReady Artist Relations Mgr.
    do you still have Fodera x-caliper?
  14. Univoxnut

Mar 26, 2016
  15. bongomania

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    A few years ago I asked Fodera about these, and they said they didn't have any for sale, and they didn't know WHEN they would ever have any for sale, but that if they ever did in the future, they would consider lending me one... but that I shouldn't hold my breath.
    Driven Crane likes this.