Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

For Ric Fierabracci fans.

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by jerry, Sep 11, 2004.

1. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    For any Ric Fierabracci fans out there, there is a new Frank Gambale album out called Raison D' etre.......pretty smokin' suff!! The album also has Billy Cobham & bassist Steve Billman.
    It's not a happy-jazz album, with plenty of great soloing from both Ric & Steve :bassist:

2. TimothyGroovy

TimothyGroovy Supporting Member Commercial User

Aug 3, 2000
    Hong Kong
    Owner: Uni••Sound
    Cool!! Thx!! Jerry

3. Lackey

Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Cool, thanks for reminding me to get this one. I saw Frank play with Steve Billman this summer, Steve is GREAT! Smoking player and great fingerstyle tone out of a Warwick (amazing!)

Actually have never heard Ric F, although I've heard good stuff about him.

4. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Ric was the bassist for Yanni.

5. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    I saw Ric absolutely kill touring with instrumental prog-fusion band Planet X, with perhaps the best FOH sounds I've ever heard, as well as the best snippet of conversation I've had with a "pro":
    • Me: "I've always loved Pedulla Thunderbasses, but after tonight I must have one."
    • Ric: "Yeah, they are wonderful instruments. I have three of them."
    • Me: "I hate you." ;)
    After my threat, we actually had a nice conversation about playing and various gear. Great guy and very much a "Pro's pro". :D

6. TimothyGroovy

TimothyGroovy Supporting Member Commercial User

Aug 3, 2000
    Hong Kong
    Owner: Uni••Sound
    Anybody here have checked out a video of Frank Gambale call "Concert with class"? It features Ric on bass, and his playing is amazing! :D

7. jeff schmidt

jeff schmidt no longer red carded, but my butt is still sore.

Aug 27, 2004
    Novato, CA
    I've heard a few tracks off the new Gambale CD on XM Radio's Beyond Jazz.

Ric - is scary good. :bassist: :crying:

8. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    i really dig ric's playing and ive seen him play with gambale before but oddly enough im actually dissapointed that ill be seeing him play tomorrow night. you see, im going to see the chick corea electric band and being that they had jimmy earl sub for patitucci last year since he was on tour with wayne shorter i assumed john would be there this time. i assumed wrong. i only found out because ric has it announced on his 'site. :bawl:

9. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    Heh, I saw someone putting the album in the same league as Kenny G! :D I somehow doubt he knew what he was saying. It's a really cool disc (I just got it today, I bought the MP3's from his website (www.frankgambale.com)). Unlike some other albums with great line-ups (Greg Howe's latest with Wooten & Chambers comes to mind, what a disappointment that was), this one really has some great musical stuff happening in it (whereas I experienced most of Howe's "Extraction" as a spastic, soulless wankfest)!

Frank G is sorely underappreciated, I think. As is Ric F, and a multitude of other great musicians in the world.

10. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    ok, so a 3 hour drive back from hollywood after checking out the chick corea elektric band and i can now say ric does the music justice. it was a great freakin' show. i sat in amazement realizing how much time it must have taken in rehearsal for all those guys to nail the tunes. the new album is some of the most technical stuff the elektric band has done imo. it also came off better live than the disc did. more energy id say.