Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

'For Sale' forum policy being circumvented?

Discussion in 'Forum Usage Help' started by Bruce Lindfield, Aug 30, 2005.

1. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

OK, so I've seen a few discussions about this and people complaining about the fact they can't post ads for free to sell their stuff .

But then this morning I noticed loads of threads coming up, where non-supporters are posting on old threads started in the 'Wanted' section and adding their own stuff ...:meh:

As in - I have something similar to that for sale - it's an xxxxx at $450 - contact me... etc. etc.

So what's to stop non-supporters doing this - doesn't it make a mockery of having the policy?

I started sending "bad post" reports, but after the umpteenth and no response, I gave up.... :confused:

Mystified.....

2. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan
    Good question. IMO, the mods should be pretty harsh with these people. I mean, it's not like they're being ignorant of the forum rules, they are flat out "decieving" the TB filters into allowing them to post items for sale. I'd say the mods should delete posts like this without warning, maybe a temporary ban, and permanently ban anyone who does it again.

3. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    this has been an issue with the mods and paul for a while.

we just reached a new rule. check the wanted section for it.

4. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

OK thanks - that makes a lot of sense!