1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Formula One

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by 9mmMike, Mar 31, 2009.

1. 9mmMike

9mmMike Would you happen to have a cookie for me? Supporting Member

Any fans here?

2. Huge Ferrari fan here.

3. allexcosta

allexcosta

Apr 7, 2004
    I used to be a big fan when Senna was alive. Lost interest after his death...

4. sean.1986

sean.1986

Feb 24, 2009
    Essex, England
    I was pleased for Lewis Hamilton last year but then the anti-British brigade went and changed the rules... Now Jenson Button is doing well (after one race)!

5. crayzee

crayzee

Feb 12, 2009
    Mississauga, ON
    Used to be a big fan, then it got boring. Saw most of the race on Sunday... some good action. I think the new rules are really gonna make things interesting.

Oh, and Minardi FTW! :p

6. The Wrench

The Wrench

Feb 13, 2009
    Raleigh, NC
    Was a fan, am a fan, will continue to be a fan. Was very grateful when Lewis reminded everyone that this was his greatest drive ever. Dude, you have a hot girlfriend. Spend some time with her and quit delivering stupid sound bites.

If Kubica and keep his patience in check, he may have a great year. Vettle is also very impressive...

Ferrari will always be my True Love, but things are not looking good. Comparisions to CBS era Fender anyone?

7. sean.1986

sean.1986

Feb 24, 2009
    Essex, England
    [oldbutfunny] 34i1bnp. [/oldbutfunny]

8. \

So funny.

9. 9mmMike

9mmMike Would you happen to have a cookie for me? Supporting Member

Lewis DQ'd from the last race.
    Jarno reinstated to 3rd. Nice drive from the pits by Jarno. I am pleased for him.

10. I remember, not in chronological order,...

- Ken Tyrell's weirdo six wheelers
    - being outraged when Reubens pulled over to let Michael thru so M could get driver's points, and being more outraged whn Ferrrari insisted there were no team orders in place (I don't remember exactly which race this was, tho, so I guess I lose some points for that one)
    - I was AT Long Beach for the last F1 race there

I've missed TV coverage of the last three seasons unforunately, and am still trying ot catch up with all the stuff that happened last off-season, and am looking forward to this season's fun.

11. doktorfeelgood

doktorfeelgood layin' it down like pavement Supporting Member

Glad to see Jarno re-instated to third. He's one of my favorite drivers. Does not bother me that lewis gets DQ'd. Nothing against him or his fans, but I think he's over-rated. He was amazingly lucky to win the championship last year. )-(

12. doktorfeelgood

I'm a huge F1 fan....have been since I first saw Senna on TV.
    I like most of the drivers, but my most favorite are Raikkonen, Kubica, Trulli, and Alonso. I think this year could be shaping up to be one of the better ones in quite awhile. Good to see Jenson and Rubens in good cars and have good results.
    And it's great to McLaren and Ferrari mid-pack for a change.
    Let's hope that the teams whining about the diffusers on some cars don't get their way and force a change. I would love to see Jarno win a race this year and we should all be ready to see Sebastien Vettel win another one, or two, this year as well. GHis car is very fast and we already know that he is as well.That kid Buemi had a great drive on Sunday and it looks like there could be another large talent in F1.
    Don't forget they run in Malaysia this weekend. )-(

13. Thanks for reminding me. I still need to send Timo Glock a flaming bag of ****, or a dead rat in a box.

14. Massive F1 fan :hyper: I usually go to Melbourne each year for the race but had my own financial crisis this year so missed it.

Anyway, another version of the Massa disappointment, look out for the mechanic @ 0:14 :p

15. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao EspaƱa
    Been watching and am ferrari fan since 1993 (i was born in 1988).

By the looks of things ATM Brawn is going to be very hard to beat if noone manages to copy their back spoiler quick enough...

16. Really? Overrated World Champion? One of those words doesn't belong there.

You know how I know he's not overrated? He scored more points than anyone else last year and became the youngest World Champion in history.

Didn't we argue about this last year?

17. BluesyCat

BluesyCat I'm irresistible. Gold Supporting Member

Jul 28, 2006
    Torrance, California
    Staff: Bass Gear Magazine
    +1

18. doktorfeelgood

Maybe somebody argued about it, but not I. Maybe you didn't watch the race, but in the last race in Brazil, Lewis was running 6th, not competing anywhere up front for the lead, and going into the final turn on the final lap, if Timo Glock hadn't spun out to allow Lewis to move up to 5th, he wouldn't have won the championship. And he would have lost the championship by the same one point that he lost it by in 2007 He didn't dominate he only won it by one point so even though he did score more points than Felipe Massa and did win the championship, so to me he's over-rated. )-(

19. Meh, It's no MotoGP, but it'll do in a pinch.

What's the deal with the front hubcaps, that don't spin?

20. mvw356

mvw356

Mar 2, 2006
    Brussels
    yep, some people go to church on sunday; i watch F1:)

it was a very cool race, there was loads of overtaking and intersting stuff happen, i enjoyed it ver much. i'm also glad that jarno kept his position, he deserved it for such a good drive. and yes lewis is overrated, he was lucky to become worldchampion, or the competitors were just really dumb (which they were imo) to let it slip away.