1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

From Studio to Storage Room

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by rickwolff, Jul 30, 2020 at 8:47 AM.

1. rickwolff

rickwolff ..Gear & Tone Junkie.. My Ignorance is Bliss. Supporting Member

It's like a Neutron Bomb went off in my 'studio'. All the gear is still there but there is no sign of life. So....not with a bang but with a whimper?

IMG_20200730_093800809.jpg IMG_20200730_093723708.jpg

dhergert likes this.
  2. Don Kasper

Don Kasper Supporting Member

"Looks just fine to me..." (Edward Teller, D.Kasper.)

3. rickwolff

Forget how it sounds. How does it look?

Don Kasper likes this.
  4. rickwolff

Nobel Prize winning physicist Isidor I. Rabi once suggested that "It would have been a better world without Teller."

Don Kasper likes this.
  5. SubHuman

SubHuman

Dec 29, 2005
    Good Old USA
    Yeah COVID has caused cobwebs to grow in my music space too. My jam buddies came down faithfully once a week and we always had a great time. This dang virus hit and it came to a screeching halt. We’re all older so Two of them decided they’re hanging up their guitars. Sad but I understand. I go solo now but definitely not as much fun or motivation. Me on bass and my drummer friend just started back a few weeks ago but waiting for a spark to get us going. Trying to do some recording. I hate this dang virus!

DrayMiles likes this.
  6. dhergert

dhergert Gold Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2018
    Blue Zone, California
    Hmmm. For the last couple of months I've been jamming an hour a day on JamKazam. We have a daily bluegrass jam going on there. Similar to normal in-person jams, it isn't perfect -- but everyone agrees that it is much more fun than not jamming. I usually play mandolin for these sessions -- it's easier to do a tasteful, less staccato harmony backup that hides latency with mandolin. But usually at least once or twice a week I get asked to play DB, and sometimes if there aren't already three other banjo players, I'll even play banjo. I haven't played Dobro yet, and probably won't.

7. Samatza

Samatza

Apr 15, 2019
    We took the opportunity to repaint and freshen the place up...

IMG_0710.jpeg
    P1030926.JPG

equill likes this.
  8. Carl Hillman

Carl Hillman

Jan 1, 2010
    "Now I am become Covid, destroyer of gigs." -Robert "Billy Bob" Oppenheimer

9. Don Kasper

VERY Impressive, Carl.
    I heard the Atomic Bomb was a bit boomy in the lower register.
    Sorry....

10. Carl Hillman

Carl Hillman

Jan 1, 2010
    Yeah, but as far as destructive power goes, it's got nothing on a chick singer who doesn't know when to come back in after the bass solo.

oren, equill and Don Kasper like this.
  11. birgebass

birgebass

Nov 7, 2011
    Arkansas
    “Can we do Wave?”
    “Sure, what key?”
    “I can only do it in Db.”

Carl Hillman likes this.
  12. notabene

notabene

Sep 20, 2010
    SF Bay area
    "We’re all older so Two of them decided they’re hanging up their guitars. Sad but I understand. "

I phoned my good friend yesterday to wish him (to be) well.

He is an excellent trombonist. He is 92 years old. He told me he is still practicing to keep his chops.

DrayMiles, oren and equill like this.
  13. Carl Hillman

Carl Hillman

Jan 1, 2010
    Followed by:

Band plays it in D anyway.

Singer can’t tell the difference.

Dabndug, jsf729 and Tom Lane like this.
  14. birgebass

birgebass

Nov 7, 2011
    Arkansas
    Ah yes! Gotta admit, even one of those gigs sounds pretty good right now. I would apologize for the thread derail, but this is Talkbass, after all.

oren and Carl Hillman like this.
  15. rickwolff

That's why right after they invented the atomic bomb, Teller and Oppenheimer invented the High Pass Filter.

Carl Hillman and Don Kasper like this.
  16. Don Kasper

Known as "The Long Island Project".
    (I need to get out and play a gig - I'm even starting to annoy myself.)
    Thanks!

rickwolff likes this.
  17. SubHuman

SubHuman

Dec 29, 2005
    Good Old USA
    That's awesome. I'm hoping when (if) this virus ever blows out of here we'll try to pick back up but the hassle of all of us getting together in the same room right now takes a backseat to our health. I already wrote off 2020...hoping 2021 is a new beginning for planet earth!

rickwolff likes this.
  18. oren

oren

Aug 7, 2007
    Salem, OR
    Our trio (vocal, guitar, bass) has been gathering in the back yard every couple of weeks, and the singer wants to try to do a live stream so that may happen soon. I feel ok about gathering outside and maintaining some distance with just a couple of others folks who I know are as cautious as me. But I don’t know what we’ll do when the weather turns in the fall.

19. SubHuman

SubHuman

Dec 29, 2005
    Good Old USA
    I’ve lived through some crazy times on planet earth as all of you have too but this is the worst of them all!
    Hoping we’re all looking back on this insanity very soon and back to doing what we all love...playing bass and making music!
    It still blows my mind that mankind can do such great things like SpaceX and Apollo and land men on the moon but then also be so stupid as to contaminate the whole world with a dang virus!
    Music and my family are the only things keeping me going right now!
    Like Ringo says...Peace and Love‼️
    Keep on rockin’ in the free world!

20. Sam Sherry

Sam Sherry Inadvertent Microtonalist Supporting Member

Sep 26, 2001
    Portland, ME
    Euphonic Audio "Player"
    Really?

E7D45KD6AQI6HKR4JVKQZ4W2DQ.jpg

Don Kasper and Inky13 like this.