1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fulltone OCD...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by matt_bass, May 4, 2010.

1. matt_bass

matt_bass

Jan 20, 2008
    Firstly thanks to everyone on this forum... I'm constantly lurking on here finding answers to my questions and developing bad cases of GAS!

However I have a question I couldn't find an answer too!
    I'm re-jigging my board and thinking of replacing my Fulltone Bassdrive with an OCD, due to all the great stuff I here about it, but what is the best version for bass? Version 4?

Thanks in advance... Matt

2. rratajski

rratajski Commercial User

Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    Builder for FUZZROCIOUS PEDALS
    There was a discussion about this last week (and before)...
    Version 3 is considered the best for bass with the least bass-loss. Version 4 is highly regarded as well with negligible bass-loss.

/thread

3. slapstick13

slapstick13

Feb 5, 2010
    Im getting one used in the mail today, Ill let you know how it is later! And I KNOW this was in a thread a few days ago(I started that thread), I just dont see why people get so ticked off when someone 'reposts' a thread. Whats the big deal? you cant just scroll down one nano-inch and ignore it? Another thing, no offense to the search engine, but its not the greatest in the world. Its sometimes hard to find what you are looking for so, heavin forbid, sometimes people make threads about stuff that was discussed before.

4. I've just finished up quite a bit of research on the site for OD pedals, and decided to go with the Way Huge Pork Loin. Two things sold me: the clean signal blend, and the curve control that taylors the "edge" of the od/distortion. I highly recommend it. There is a great variety of tone there, from light, tubey od to grinding distortion to fuzzed out. Good news is low end is retained well. From my research, those that had the pork loin against an OCD found it had more tweakability, more tonal options, and more low end retention. I've never tried the OCD, but thought I'd give you a different option.

5. rratajski

Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    I never said I was ticked off.
    I did not attach a snarky image or write all in CAPS like some other members do from time to time.
    Reposting recent threads is not a big deal, but bringing up in a thread like you are is sparking a fire (that I will not continue) and frankly, it litters the boards.
    Fighting on the internet is pointless and drags the boards down. If you have an issue, please PM the person.

Here are some recent threads about the Fulltone OCD:
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=652074
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=652106

6. jnewton

jnewton

Jun 9, 2008
    Tour
    Endorsing Artist: Dimarzio, D'Addario, Fuzzrocious
    I have a serious OD/ distortion pedal addiction, but I always end up going back to my OCD v.4.

7. vegas532

vegas532

Nov 10, 2006
    Pensacola, FL.
    And this is a guy qualified to respond...I've seen that pedalboard of yours.
    :D

8. rratajski

Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    And this guy (vegas) is also qualified to respond...We've done many a Sunday afternoon girl talk session on the phone and have chatted about the OCD.

9. vegas532

vegas532

Nov 10, 2006
    Pensacola, FL.
    You're way too kind. Gear dork, at your service.
    :p

10. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    What's the OCD modded from? I think I read it's a DS-1 style pedal, correct?

11. jnewton

jnewton

Jun 9, 2008
    Tour
    Endorsing Artist: Dimarzio, D'Addario, Fuzzrocious
    Ha!

Aww man, now I need a v.3...

12. whoatherechunk

whoatherechunk

Apr 4, 2008
    rratajski lies..... haha i kid.

13. matt_bass

matt_bass

Jan 20, 2008
    Thanks guys... Like I said I've been lurking on here and can usually find the answer I'm after. This was one I must have missed thanks for the links rratajski I'll will give them a good read!

14. afroman

afroman

Aug 31, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I use a Xotic BB Bass preamp and got an OCD V.4 from a guitarist friend to try out.

The OCD sounds amazing, but comparing it to the BB, it just lost some very noticeable low end. The Xotic retains all the low end, so maybe it's an unfair comparison.

With that said, the OCD sounds very very good and I love the Tone knob, since it only affects the sometimes-annoying treble in overdrive pedals.