Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fulltone!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by RAM, Sep 26, 2003.

1. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I did it! I finally bought myself a Fulltone Bass Drive, and it is incredible! I've been using the Sans Amp Bass Driver DI for a while, which isn't as strong in the overdrive area as it is in the DI. Now I've got both!

One of the things that amazes me about this pedal is the fact that it doesn't affect the eq of my bass like other pedals! Adding a touch of grit makes it sound just like it does in my head...gritty, but eq'ed the way I like it!

Also, I had a chance to try out the Choralflange, which is the most lush, smooth chorus and flange I've heard! To me, it's much more musical than the TC Electronic and the EBS, both of which I hold in VERY high esteem. I may have to go out and splurge a little more.:D

Anyway, I'm still getting used to this new pedal, but can already tell that it's exactly what I've been looking for.

Does anyone have any experience running this pedal with 18 volts instead of 9? The Fulltone website says it'll make the pedal sound even better and that their pedals are "over engineered" for just that purpose.

If you can't tell, I'm now a huge Fulltone fan.:D

2. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Good score! I really want to pick one of those up soon. I think I'll have to put the ChoralFlange first, though. I 100% agree with what you say about how lush and full it is. I'm currently using the TC Electronic SCF+, but it's far more sterile than I like a chorus to be.

3. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Hmmm.... I know a certain somebody in New Orleans that could cut some good deals on Fulltone stuff :D Perhaps I need to make a call and scoop up some myself. That would put my pedal collection up to 23! Yow!

The Maxon chourus is fabulous as well, by the way.

4. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Argh! Curses to you and your New Orleans friend! :spit:

5. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Hey, don't give me no guff!

:D :D :D

6. fclefgeoff

fclefgeoff Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2002
    Illinoize
    One question. What took you so long? ;)

7. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I blame El Nino!:D

Seriously...this thing is so cool that I'll sometimes just play a single note and listen to it sustain!

I'm just full o' giggles over this thing! I may have to go out and add the Choral Flange in a few weeks just to give my wife a bigger reason to hate me.:p

8. Tristan

Tristan

Jan 28, 2001
    Ottawa, Canada
    Does anyone know how the overdrive is produced? I.E. What type of circuit is used?