1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Funky Bassist for Sydney band

Discussion in 'Wanted: Bass Players' started by Rockn Rolla, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Hi All,

I'm new to these forums and this is my first post. :bag:
    ...So please, be gentle! :D

I play guitar primarily, but also have a bass set-up as I just love to occasionally sit back and sit on a Phat-Ar*e groove with my drummer and get funky!

We're looking for a Bass player who can help collaborate with me in the hopes of 1. Completing a recording, and 2. forming a new band...

I have enough songs - some with Bass parts (that could be improved maybe...?) and some without.

These songs are like going around and around in my head and its an obsession I can't "put-to-bed" until They're recorded and we can share the finished tracks and promote etc...

(I mean, I could record Bass myself - but I don't want to be a one-man show and have tracks that can't be performed and also, I appreciate other people's input)

So, the right bassist would be someone who wants a bit of spotlight. someone who can improvise together funky and driving bass parts - don't have to be overly trechnical - just groovy and phat and complimentary to the rest of the song. (Yes, Slap is appreciated over in our corner) ;)

Bass intro for some songs would be good, so you see we're not looking for a bassist who'll sit on the root note and do a standard doon, doon, doon thing... :rollno::scowl::rollno::scowl:

We want someone who can move and drive and help build our songs. :cool::hyper::eyebrow::smug::p

If you have your own songs and bass lines you want jammed- out, bring them to us and we build them up - under your guidance!

The rest of us are between 28-35 years old. We are Drums, Guitar and Vocals.

So then, what kinda music is it...?? (The impossible to answer question) :D

Imagine RATM but with a cleaner sound and without the protest lyrics (It was hard to write that - I love RATM) Or, Chilli peppers crossed with INXS - or Baby Animals with funky Bass and a single guitar - or Johnny Diesel acoustic with Funk Bass. Grind the sexy Rock/Funk music. That's what! :cool:

The best way to find out more is to send me a PM and I'll organise either to send some bodgy recordings, or organise a jamm - or both. Whatever it takes to get the right person!

Now, It needs to be said that I don't expect any financial input from anyone at this stage!!! :rollno:

So far, this has been my project and I'm willing to pay the rehearsal and recording etc, and I reserve the right to say yes or no to whether I think a Bass line or change in song structure suits the song etc.

(No, I'm not a Riff Nazi - just have an idea of what will work - but am also open to ideas...) :eyebrow:

However, I can't afford to pay all that AND pay somebody to jamm - I'm not after a session player either! :rollno: You have to have some input and want to be a part of something bigger.

Anyway, I've said like HEAPS here and it's getting to big to read.

If you're interested and want to learn more, please send me a PM and I'll be glad to get it and will respond ASAP.

Cheers,
    Dan.

2. theonewhoslaps

theonewhoslaps

Jan 6, 2012
    This is the perfect band I've always wanted to be in, too bad I'm 14 and live in America:(

3. JINGLES

JINGLES

Dec 17, 2009
    218-281-3553,701-330-3614
    BASS:JJ
    THATS WHY YOU CANT GET A GOOD PLAYER YOU PUT AGE FIRST.GOOD LUCK

4. learning curve

learning curve

Mar 14, 2010
    Funny, I am looking for a bassist as well. Now I will admit if your all in your 20's and trying to have some look that an older guy might not do well with....or care too.... well then yeah; age might be a serious factor. Other than that age should not really matter...especially such a specific set of years?? I mean hey if you found Victor Wooten when he has 25 would that have excluded him? For me... we are a bunch of old farts playing the music of our age... I might quote that one for a tee shirt someday.... but I digress. I would not give it a minutes thought if a young guy with the talents we wanted walked through the door to tryout. First rule of business is Talent... and a close second is personality... Age should be 5th or 6th on the list even if your very young.

Just my 2 cents. I could be wrong...in fact, I often am.

5. tom_20

tom_20

Mar 10, 2012
    This sounds great, too bad I live in tassie though haha.

6. Bass_N_Booze

Bass_N_Booze

Mar 24, 2012
    Australia
    I live on the central coast, NSW, I'm a pretty darn funky bass player!