1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Funny Things Your Dog Does

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by SBassman, Sep 6, 2008.

1. SBassman

SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    Since there have been some fun dog threads, I thought I'd start this one:

List some fun things your dog does.

Here's mine, for Sammy dog:

1. He smiles. Nope, that's not him breathing and blowing off heat. He's definitely smiling. :)

2. If I come into the living room and sit on the couch, he'll move next to the couch
    and lay down under me, getting my legs to drape over his body.

3. If I stand up in a room for more than a minute or two, he'll come to me,
    lay down, and lay his head on my foot.

4. If I hug my wife, he will break us up immediately and demand affection.

5. He has to hold hands. :) Seriously. 90% of the time, if I'm laying on
    the couch watching TV, he will give me his paw and expect me to hold it.
    If I drop it, he'll repeat. As many times as it takes until I just Hold his paw.

:cool:

2. My dog does a few of those things but only to my mom.

he also digs holes and sits in them:meh:

3. My dog loves lying on things. She will quite often lie down on our outside table. She has also worked out how to open both out back doors (one sliding and one swinging) and if she thinks noone is home will let herself in to look for crumbs on the floor.

4. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    Mine loves to lay beside my chair when I'm playing my bass at home. She adores my son, but when he plays his guitar, she leaves the room. Yet she'll lay there beside me not far from the bass cabinets. I suppose it has a lot to do with the frequencies. She doesn't like the high, guitar frequencies, but doesn't mind the low bass at all.

Either that, or she's just partial to the bass... :D

5. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    My dog knows how to open up the fridge and pulled out every shelf to get some food.:meh:

6. stewart8980

stewart8980

Apr 11, 2008
    Rhode Island
    my dog scoots around on his butt when he follows me when im walking.

7. RIP, Bo Jangles

We would hand him a choke cherry, stem first, and he'd walk around dangling it for a few minutes, then eat it and spit out the pit.

8. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    Cherries are poisonous to dogs. Especially if they eat the pit. Full of cyanide.

9. Our little dog does two weird things. First, when she has an itchy butt she'll sit on it and spin around on her butt, first one way then the other. Hilarious. I'm thinking of filming it for America's Funniest Home Videos. She also likes to come up to me in the morning when I'm still in bed and lick all the crud from behind my ears! Must taste good to her, but then again she licks her anus clean so there's no accounting for taste!:p

10. Well, we fed them to Bo throughout his life (maybe one a week, summer only), and he lived to 19 and never swallowed a pit.

He was a pure-bred Yellow Lab.

We weren't aware if the toxicity at the time, but he was always fine.

11. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    :) The pit is the worst part.

12. Absolutely!...it was kinda funny that he would spit out the pit...maybe he knew.:D

13. SBassman

SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    I remember another one.

If my dog sees a plastic cup of water laying around, he won't just
    go try to drink it. He'll bite it in his mouth, keep it balanced without spilling, walk to some other area, place it down, lay down, and then lick it all out of the cup.

14. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    If my dog wants something, she bites me on the face.

15. Croox

Croox

Sep 16, 2007
    South Side Chicago
    my dog will sit down and chase his tail. he will also dig in my bean bag walk around on it, but wont lay in it just walk off. He also LOVES to be outside, but as soon as everyone goes in the house he doesn't want to be outside anymore. He will also walk himself to the pond near my house

16. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    My guy has a bunch of funny habits. He comes around in the morning and sniffs me to see if I'm awake. If I stay perfectly still and quiet, he'll go lay down a while longer. If I make any motion or sound at that moment, he'll jump up and start licking my face. His tongue is huge, and he likes to jam it way up my nose and in my ear canals.

He likes to bury toys at the beach, but nowhere else.

When I throw a ball he'll run that direction and then hop up in the air to get a better view of where it went, and then when he finds it he pounces on it like a cat.

He tries to play with one of our cats who hates him. She'll hiss like a cobra and bat at his nose, and he'll go into the "play position" (hindquarters up, front end bowed down on the ground) and then try to play with her while she goes berserk batting at him and making horrible noises.

He won't eat just any old food or treat. If we give him something that doesn't suit his taste, even if it's like a bacon-cheese flavored dog biscuit or whatever, he'll spit it right out.

17. Uggae

Uggae

Aug 13, 2008
    South Africa
    When my dog was younger she learned to watch TV, I kid you not, though she'd still be a dog about it and get annoyed at seeing other dogs on the screen and try to find out where they were in the house so she could chase them out.

Both my dogs have a taste for coffee, I can't even remember how that started but every now and then they get the urge to have a good cuppa and no amount of convincing will stop them until they get their fill.

And so much more...aren't dogs grand? ^_^

18. Your dogs drink Coffee? haha, never heard that one.

Well my dog (is a Doberman), she has a slight obsession with lifting girls skirts or poking her face into other peoples crotch (when you have a 16 year old girl coming over it gets funny, lol).

And when you sit on the couch to watch TV she trys to copy you by keeping her 2 front legs on the floor and scooting her ass on the couch and just sits there next to you.

Oh, and shes also scared of small dogs,don't ask me why but she doesn't have problem with dogs bigger then her (which is rare lol) but she HATES jack russles, pugs etc. Pretty funny when you see a huge dog running away from on half the size of it.

19. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    ..not music related...

20. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    I didn't know dogs could see in color?:confused: