Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fuzz, Yeh or No?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by f'nar f'nar, Jan 13, 2005.

1. For those who dont know, Fuzz was the old bassist for disturbed. I liked him, he had some good lines with a very agressive deep tone. I'm anxious to hear what the new bassist is like...

Whats your opinion on Fuzz or disturbed in general? Or, if you know anything about thenew bassist, whats he like?

2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I'm not that big of a Disturbed fan, but Fuzz had some decent lines. This is one of the reasons I have little to no respect for Disturbed. They did a huge national thing, Who wants to play bass for disturbed, held auditions, etc... and end up choosing an already famous bassist.

If you want to hear what their new bassist sounds like, listen to Union Underground.

Like I said, not a fan, but I would have thought it was really damn cool if they would have let some lucky bassist/fan be in a band with their heros.

3. Didn't metallica do this with Bob too?

4. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Nah, Bob Rock was a temp, unless you are refering to Robert Trujillo. There was no front about this due, they just grabbed him from Suicidal Tendancies, they didn't say "HEY FANS, YOU COULD BE THE NEXT METALLICA BASSIST" and then not choose a talented not famous fan.

5. chimp

chimp

Dec 4, 2004
    South Africa
    limp bizkit did the smae idea except they followed through with it.

6. troll

troll

Aug 31, 2000
    Chicago area
    I still say eh... I'm not much of a fan, even though people seem to think it's a prerequisite as a metal fan in this town... *sigh*

My buddy was in the top 3, and never got the call. Everyone kept pushing me to go audition but I dreaded that process, and wasn't really interested anyways (I don't think I would have made it, but I do have a self deprecating view of my own playing, who knows...) and I certainly don't 'look' the part (my buddy does) so... But yeah that decision was dissapointing. They claim he lined up and auditioned just like everyone else though. Maybe his experience and stature made the difference.

I dunno, my drummer knows him from playing around town for many years, says he's a cool guy though, for whatever that's worth.

Troll

7. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Yeah one of the requirements to audition was an 8x10 glossy of yourself. I'd need to roll by hot topic before I auditioned.

8. correction... they chose the guitarist from Snot. i was rather dismayed when i had heard that they went all around to find what fred referred to as "the illest guitarist alive" and just ended up choosin somebody from another band. look how well that worked out for them :smug:

oh well... i was a hardcore fan a few years back and am still curious...