1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

G&L = customer service!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MikeyP23, Oct 14, 2009.

1. MikeyP23

MikeyP23

Sep 22, 2009
    Aiken, SC
    I was going to post this in the G&L forum, but since that's closed now... :crying:

Yesterday I sent an e-mail to G&L service to see how things were going with my warranty repair on my new Tribute (they had only had it about 3 or 4 days). Less than 30 minutes later I get an e-mail back from Chris saying he just fixed it and it would ship out tomorrow! Today I get an e-mail with the reference number and telling me they upgraded me from a gig bag to a new molded case! Alright!!

I should get it back next week. Customer for life now! :bassist:

And, I should get my '51 RI next week that I bought on TB a couple of days ago. Bass hog heaven!

Michael

2. jaywa

jaywa

May 5, 2008
    Iowa City, IA
    Hmm... recent raves on customer service for two companies (G&L and Carvin)... both of whose products I'm considering to buy, and both based in the U.S.

Now if U.S. based car companies, credit card companies and cable companies would take the hint...

BTW, who closed the G&L Forum, and why?

3. Always cool when a Company provides service - sad that it is so uncommon.

Lakland is like this they respond to your e-mails, answer your questions.

Cool - especially today where Customer Service can be scarce.

What were they fixing on it?

4. MikeyP23

MikeyP23

Sep 22, 2009
    Aiken, SC
    The rear pickup didn't work in series mode. Once the dealer I bought it from called their G&L rep, everything went pretty smooth. Pre-paid shipping label, the whole thing.

Michael

5. I read that G&L is restructuring their advertising $$$. Rumor (on another G&L forum) is that it will return.

Mike

6. jaywa

jaywa

May 5, 2008
    Iowa City, IA
    Hmmm... seems to me like a forum to build community and brand loyalty among the users of your product would be a pretty wise allocation of advertising dollars. You're not going to sell a lot of basses advertising in print anymore.

They wouldn't happen to be using the same logic that drove Fender to raise their prices in a recession? Or MusicMan to put the Sterling name on two different product lines?

But I just do marketing for a living, what would I know?

7. I don't doubt that they see the value in it, but I can understand it being put on hiatus until they get their end straight however they need.

I don't do marketing, but I've watched a multi-million dollar project get put on a 9 month "break" because, while they REALLY needed it done, the funding for projects was completely restructured (different channels and all). We just started again about a month ago.

I think the forum here is a good idea (and expect it to be back), but there are other locations where G&L-specific info can be had.

Mike

8. mntngrown

mntngrown Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2007
    Santa Cruz Ca
    If I were them I'd leave it this way. More exposure when they get accolades like this, instead of in an isolated forum.

9. Interesting point.

Mike

10. Yorke

Yorke

Aug 17, 2009
    +1 Carvin, great customer service, Brian at Best Bass Gear also provides excellent customer service.