1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Gallien Krueger RBH410/4

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by 38bass, Apr 5, 2009.

1. So... this morning I finished work real early and on my way back into the city as I was going through downtown I thought "Ah Hell, I think I'll stop at Long and Mcquade music and drool on their bass gear for a few minutes.

I'm lookin' around and seeing that hey they've got some cool stuff on sale but still pretty expensive though.

I start to head out and then I spot this kind of beat up looking 4x10 GK cab sitting on the floor looking kind of forlorn and I start eyeing it up to see if it's a 4 ohm cab which is what I need to make my Redhead run @ 2 ohms thereby getting my full 650w out of the amp.
    ( 400w @ 4 ohms {internal speakers only}, 525w @ 2.67 ohms {with 8 ohm extension cab}, & 650w @ 2 ohms {with 4 ohm ext. cab} ).

Just then the sales dude walks up and I ask if it's 4 ohms and he say's yeah It's cuz' it just came out of the stores rental dept and they rolled with the 4 ohm cabs so they could max the power on the rental head w/out having to use two 8 ohm cabs to make 4 ohms. He then tells me that even though it's beat up looking it runs good because they always kept it up and fixed any thing on it as it needed to make money for them as a rental unit. Cool!
    Then I ask the price..........................

He goes " Uh, let's see here........... Uh yeah, one hundred and seventy five bucks man."

So after I picked my jaw up off the floor I pulled out my wallet and bought it on the spot.
    30 days to return it for full refund, 90 day full warranty, 10 bucks for extended warranty that even covers speaker failure, there was no way to lose.
    After I bought it 2 store guys separately said to me in hushed tones "Wicked awesome deal! or words to that effect", on my way out of the store with it I heard one of the clerks talking to a customer on the phone and saying "Uh yeah, I'm watching it roll out the door right now. Sorry about that"

Took it to my guitarists house and jam space and it sounds KILLER!! Very complimentary to the drivers in the Redhead (assloads of bottom) and Holy Crap do I move air now! Shook the hell out of Michael's house!

$1279.00 Suggested retail price.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 x 10" + 650w.= Rock and Roll. :hyper::bassist:
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

2. MIJ-VI

MIJ-VI Banned Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Good score!

3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Nice.

4. Ah! Lovin' it!!

5. Alcyon

Alcyon

Jan 15, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    Doesn't exist without pictures... But L&MQ rules, I love living in Canada :)

6. DUDE SCORE

Always listen to that little voice in your head, sometimes it pays off!:hyper::bassist::D

7. It does exist, I took some pics but my ten year old imac is too useless to hook up to my new digital camera ( which is wierd cuz' it would once for me but never again.), honestly I have better things to do than flog a bullcrap story on the internet for people that I will never meet and therefore never impress in real life anyhoo.
    Just expressing my joy. :hyper:

8. MIJ-VI

MIJ-VI Banned Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Hi 38bass.

If you care to, PM me re trouble-shooting your Mac & camera.

Gary

9. southernrocker

southernrocker Banned

Apr 4, 2009
    GK RULES!