1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Gary Willis

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Fishbrain, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Fishbrain

Fishbrain

Dec 8, 2000
    England, Liverpool
    Endorsing Artist: Warwick Bass and Amp
    I'm just after some reviews of the two Gary Willis fretless Ibanez's. (the new one and the old one)

The look really solid and I'm getting the gurgly GAS bubbles for one.

Also, is this the bass that Gary actually uses?

(slightly more off topic but does anyone know what amp he uses?)

Cheers homies

2. Mr_Dave

Mr_Dave

Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Employee - Basscentre Melbourne
    I think its the bass he uses. he's used eden and aguilar amps most recently i think. Sorry i'm not more definite...

3. I don't really know about any of it, but I just sold my GWB35 - 5 string fretless Gary Willis. It sounds awesome, IMO, but I'm just not really a fretless fan. Love the sound, don't care for playing them. For the money, I think they're really solid basses.

4. Fishbrain

Fishbrain

Dec 8, 2000
    England, Liverpool
    WOAH! I've just been having a search for these as I'd only read the reviews/ibanez site type stuff about these basses. i knew the first one the 35 was roughly £500 but i had no idea that the 1005 was £1800!! Is it really good enough to out price a lot of warwicks and other high end basses?

5. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

A am weary of the 1005 for the price. Even on his website Gary tries to justify the price. The consensus around here (IMO) seems to be it is extremely expensive for what it is. You are in Sadowsky, Musicman, Warwick and high end Fender territory, I would personally look at other options.

6. gre107

gre107

Dec 25, 2005
    PA
    The answers to your questions are: "Yes" Gary does use those actual basses and he uses Aguilar amps and cabs.

The only mod Gary does to his bases is he adds a Roland GK pickup so he can use his Roland V-Bass.

I have been fortunate enough to meet him a few times and have talked to him about the basses etc... .

You can always go to his website and email him about any questions that you have about the bass etc... and he is very good about replying. He lives in Spain so there may be lag between emails but he will get back to you.

Peace and good grooves!

7. Fishbrain

Fishbrain

Dec 8, 2000
    England, Liverpool
    cheers everyone!