1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Genz-Benz amp head mounting question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Whiskeyzipper, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Whiskeyzipper

Whiskeyzipper

Jan 11, 2012
    Michigan
    I have two 2x10 Genz-Benz Shuttle extension cabinets that I stack on top of each other for gigs--like this CLICK HERE. Since both cabinets are the extension cabs they have handles on top of each cab rather than one having the shuttle 6.0 “cradle”. I’m looking for a creative way to securely put a ShuttleMax 9.0 head on top of one of the cabs for gigs. The head doesn’t sit flush on top of the cab because the cabinet handle is taller than the feet on the bottom of the amp head. I don’t want to remove the handle on the top of the cabinet either. Just wondering if anyone has come up with a clever way to put their Genz-Benz head on top of their extension cab that has a top handle that is secure and not make it a permanent mount but also keep the head from falling off the cabinet during gigs.:confused:

2. tramp

tramp

Mar 5, 2004
    South Louisiana
    Get taller rubber feet.

3. Whiskeyzipper

Whiskeyzipper

Jan 11, 2012
    Michigan
    Does anyone know of a good on-line source to purchase rubber feet that could be stuck on the bottom of the amp (not screwed in) to give it clearance over the amp handle?

4. Vandy

Vandy Banned

Dec 24, 2011
    Colorado
    Or, get a block of dark foam & scoop out the handle area. You won't have a wobbly, stilted ShuttleMax & you can toss the foam in any corner when travelling . . .

5. .
    I did this with my Shuttlemax:

Genz_Benz_Shuttlemax_12.0_mounting.

Being the same size "footprint" as my cabs the head rack sits snugly on top without moving.
    It protects the head too.

If you went the same way you could simply chop a piece out of the bottom of the head box to accomodate the cab handle below I guess.

Just a thought anyway.

Greg

6. RustyAxe

RustyAxe

Jul 8, 2008
    Connecticut
    You can buy the Shuttle cradle direct from GB.

7. Dan Knowlton

Dan Knowlton Sarcasm: Just ONE of the many services I offer! Gold Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Palm Coast, FL
    Since my cab has rat fur on it, I simply added a piece of the hook side of velcro to the bottom of the amp.

Dan K.