1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Genz Benz Shuttle Series Settings

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bellis1, Oct 11, 2010.

1. I received my Shuttle (9.0) today in the mail. Only had about an hour to play it (skipped my lunch break) and it sounded awesome flat. However, I wanted to see/read some of you guys' settings. Send them over!

EDIT: Make sure to include your bass, whether its active, passive, and what cab!

Jimi2u likes this.
  2. chicago_mike

chicago_mike

Oct 9, 2007
    Chicago - LA - Rome - Dallas
    Endorsing Artist : Genz Benz
    Sometimes setting:
    Gain 4
    Vol. 10
    Bass 5
    Mids flat or depending on the cabinet , club Im at, maybe a boost at 150 or 600. I almost never cut any mids from the amp.
    Treble 5 maybe I max it at 7 on a gig...depending how I feel and if I want some bink and ping.

Bass Boost on
    Mid Cut off
    Treble on or off depending on how I feel

Master on 10

3. gafbass02

gafbass02

Nov 9, 2005
    cheltenham uk
    Great idea for a thread, but i reckon we should include whether the bass has onboard EQ or is passive and the type of cab used, as im sure setting that work well into an 8x10 with an active bass might not be a good idea with a passive jazz into a 2x10.

:)
    Gaf

4. chicago_mike

chicago_mike

Oct 9, 2007
    The settings I have posted I used with 210's to 810's. At the time I had my lakland preamp internal trimpot set to has high output as I could have it before distorting.

I would do some bass boosting depending on the gig/venue.

5. mongo2

mongo2

Feb 17, 2008
    Da Shaw
    My settings I use on my 9 vary depending on the room and the instrument I'm using.

6. Red Planet

Red Planet Inactive

May 29, 2005
    Atlanta
    I'm cranky in my old age.
    I agree about what Bass, this makes a major difference in how I set my 9.0.

I use a 51 and 53 reissue P Bass most of the time but I also use a 5 string G&L L-2500 fretless with Bartolini Pickups and a Bartolini NTMB Preamp with mid switch as well as an Upright Bass with an Fdeck Pre.

Usually I set the EQ knobs flat but use the low boost and mid scoop. My P Basses have a good bit of mids. I turn off the low boost when in any kind of boomy situation.

When I play Upright I use the Fdeck to control the EQ for the room and I turn off the low boost. I also cut 150 hz about one notch.

For the G&L I leave the amp as is but boost the mids on the Preamp of the Bass. I leave the mid switch in the middle (500 hz IIRC).

Even though I have a lot going on I pretty much stay in the same area EQ wise with subtle tweaks from Bass to Bass.

7. So strange. Never played an amp that sounds perfect flat! Not to mention, one that I can pick up with one hand!

I edited the original posting, to add what bass (active/passive) and what cab you guys are using.

8. Fretlessboy

Fretlessboy

Nov 29, 2007
    St Augustine Florida
    Endorsing artist GENZ BENZ/HERCULES STANDS/XSonics
    I pretty much run the 9.0 flat. I put it on 1 or 2 uber210' s. My 65 Phase (with EMG p/ j) stock fender tone rolled half off. Perfect

9. chicago_mike

chicago_mike

Oct 9, 2007
    Friday Ill be testing her with the new DNA cabinets!!! WOOT!!!!!!

10. I felt the need to let you guys know,

Its day three, and god, I love this amp.

11. chicago_mike

chicago_mike

Oct 9, 2007
    Like I always say. " Acceptance is the first form of acceptance."

12. zippydog

zippydog Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2006
    Chicago
    Aw man, you guys are killin' me (subscribed).
    My 9.0 is due to deliver tomorrow.
    It'll go between my Sadowsky Metro RV5 PJ and a Bergantino HS210 cab.

Can't wait!!! :hyper:

13. Oh, you will love it.

Still can't believe how good mine is.

14. blakelock

blakelock Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2009
    greetings,
    i haven't explored the EQ much because it sounds wonderful flat. I play an EBMM stingray. The EBMM lows are boosted and mids/treb flat. The amp is EQ'd flat with no boost buttons engaged. the gain and pre-vol are also ~flat (noon). adjust final volume for her pleasure.:)

this 'flat' setting works great with my fEarful 12/6 or ampeg 210 cabs. when i run it through a genz benz STL10 cab, i drop the mids on my bass a bit.

15. chicago_mike

chicago_mike

Oct 9, 2007
    OKay today is the day. Ill be testing some of the new David Nordschow DNA cabs. Ill post my findings. Lata.

16. 5StringPocket

5StringPocket Supporting Member

Jan 11, 2006
    Texas
    How would the 9.0 EQ be set for a fEarful style 15/6/1 cab? It has the 3015LF woofer crossed to the 6ND410 mid driver at 640 Hz and the mid/high crossover at 4500 Hz. The mid is padded back -3.5 dB to match the woofer efficiency but the low end still needs a boost to sound good (full and not too mid forward).

17. Red Planet

Red Planet Inactive

May 29, 2005
    Atlanta
    I'm cranky in my old age.
    I would guess set all the EQ knobs flat and push in the Low Boost.

Then start grinning like a mad scientist.:D

18. zippydog

zippydog Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2006
    Chicago
    First night: Whoah, this is one powerful amp. Sounded fantastic right out of the box -literally. It scares me a little...in a happy, giddy kind of way. A lot more tinkering tomorrow...I'll gig it Sunday at church.

P.S. had to chase this all the way back to UPS hub tonight because nobody was here to sign for it when brown showed up and I wasn't about to wait until Monday for a re-delivery. SO GLAD I made that trip. Two hours in Chicago Friday rush hour traffic pales in contrast to getting to fiddle with this way cool amp tomorrow (not sure my daughters who made the trip with me would agree, however).

19. I finally got to test out the DI last night, and earlier today. BOTH nights, (different bands) the sound guy made it a point to tell me how good the DI is. I've experimented with the EQ on my amp and I think i've got a good sound.

PASSIVE - Geddy Lee Jazz, going direct into the amp.
    CABINET - Switch between an SWR 4x10, 6x10, and 8x10. (I love SWR :D)
    Tube Gain - 2:00, Volume - 2:00. Bass - 3:00, Mid Level - 2:00, Mid Freq - 2:00, Treble - 1:00, Master - Depends. Usually about 9:00.

20. chicago_mike

chicago_mike

Oct 9, 2007
    Put the master on 10 baby!