1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

German bow in Italy

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by moyery, Aug 3, 2018.

1. moyery

moyery

Aug 3, 2018
    Hello bassist!

Just joined this forum mostly because of this dilemma that I've had for a long time and since google doesn't answer my question, I could use some advice.

I am a young student of classical double bass and facing a question of studying abroad soon (in music academy). My small problem being that I play with german bow but ideally I would like to study in Italy, because of my own personal reasons. Since italians mostly play with french bow, do I have any chances with german bow in Italy in the terms of finding a good teacher? I do realise that one could possibly play with german bow while teacher mainly uses french bow but since it's the case of my current studies, I would prefer to have a teacher who could also fully support my german bow technique.

I have managed to do a bit of research and so far I have found ONE music academy with one promising teacher who seems to be using german bow but since it's only one example and I can't find any other legitimate reasons to apply my studies with this teacher, I need to know if there are maybe more opportunities?

I do realise that my wish is a longshot and ofcourse I'm also prepared to apply my studies to elsewhere in Europe, but I still have little bit of hope left :)

2. Malten

Malten

Apr 2, 2012
    Ireland
    I don’t know about specific teachers in Italy unfortunately. But since you say that you are prepared to go elsewhere; why not Germany?!

Strangely enough I just moved to Germany last week to study with a french bow teacher.

wathaet likes this.
  3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 26, 2021