Give me songs to learn too!

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by ashacado, Aug 26, 2009.

1. ashacado

ashacado

Mar 24, 2009
    I've been playing for a few months. I practice a lot and have already gigged a bit.

I need some songs that are a bit beyond beginner. I want something that is challenging but still manageable.

2. onlyclave

onlyclave

Oct 28, 2005
    Seattle
    How's your notation reading these days?

There you go.

3. ashacado

ashacado

Mar 24, 2009
    I can read notation just fine. I took music theory all through school. I'm looking more for some suggestions of some fun songs to learn. Stylistically, I'm into Blues, Funk, Reggae more than anything else.

4. Check out some Cream with Jack Bruce...Bob Marley is always a good bet for reggae...Funk-look at Earth Wind & Fire, James Brown...

Can't think of any specific songs off the top of my head (drawing a complete blank) but check these bands out...They have some good songs ranging from beginner to advanced...

5. PBass101

PBass101

Jul 3, 2008
    Illinois
    Learn Entwistle's basslines from The Who. The notes are simple enough but trying to get that advanced level of technique down - his live stuff - is more than a challenge and could help you strengthen your playing chops.

6. 1dgbass

1dgbass

Jul 24, 2009
    Staten Island
    Alot of U2 and green day helped me a ton.
    Even though it's not your forte, I highly recomend it.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 12, 2021