1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

GK MB Fusion 500 Fan Electrical Interference / Noise

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by IBJammin, May 9, 2018.

1. IBJammin

IBJammin

Apr 16, 2015
    Hey all!
    At just shy of the 3 year mark, my GK MB Fusion 500 has developed a high pitched whine when the fan turns on. It seems to be creating electrical interference and the whine is coming through the speaker. The noise is not present until the fan turns on, and disappears when the fan turns off. Its not "physical" noise from the fan - if I disconnect the speaker, the whine is not heard. An ear next to the amp does not hear the whine, and an ear placed next to the speaker confirms it is through the speaker.
    At 3 years, it is outside the warranty. I am not very active with this amp, 3 or 4 gigs with it, and I don't practice with it much.
    Is this a known problem, on this amp or others? Is there a simple fix so that repair techs don't charge me many diagnostic hours before they find a solution?
    TIA.

2. agedhorse

agedhorse Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa, Product Support-Genz Benz
    If it's a simple fix, a qualified repair tech shouldn't charge you many diagnostic hours, right?

Give the manufacturer a call and see what they suggest. Each manufacturer knows their service network and who might be the best authorized shop in your area for getting this fixed right the first time.

BadExample likes this.
  3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 13, 2021