1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Gk RB700 210 vs Gk Backline 210

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bobrefill, Feb 22, 2008.

1. bobrefill

bobrefill

Feb 22, 2008
    Hi, my name is Johnny, I'm new here. I'm looking for a combo to have on smaller and mabe midsize gigs. Anyone knows how big difference it is between the GK RB700 210 combo and GK Backline 210?

Let me know ...

thanks/JV

2. I don't know the specific details off-hand as far as wattage and stuff like that.

But if you could get either amp at the same price...go for the RB700...its higher up in the GK line. It's going to be a better quality amp because it is built for professionals...

You'll have to wait for someone else to give the technical specs

3. Get the 700. Not sure what your playing experience is but you'll probably never outgrow it unless you go head\cab rig.

Plus if you completely hate it, it has higher resale value.

Check GK's site for specs. Check RMC Audio for spec and pricing.

There's a GK Backline 600 in the classifieds right now for $200. Save's you some cash to put towards a seperate 210 cab of your choice.

4. jtc_hunter

jtc_hunter

Feb 16, 2007
    The backline series is the lower end, not bad, but the rb series sounds alot better to me.

5. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    If you can afford it, get the RB. It's top quality GK pro gear. The 700RB210 sounds fantastic. You can expand it later if you want by adding another speaker cabinet for even more output and coverage.

The Backline series is low priced beginner stuff made to compete with the other beginner stuff. It's not bad for the money but I wouldn't use it for playing live, with the exception of the Backline 600 head if used with better cabinets than the Backline cabs.

I'm a big GK fan and have used their amps for many years and never been let down.