1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GK2001RB/RMC Audio Questions...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BigPappa985, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Alright, so I just received my new GK2001RB and I have two questions right now:

1. The Bridge mode switch: the actual "switch" is NOT protruding from the back panel. Is this okay? The indentation (probable for a small fingernail) is about an 1/8 of an inch in/preceding the back panel edge. It seems to move OK when I use a flat-edged screw driver.

** I did take a picture of it with the guitarist's digital camera, but he decided to go skiing this weekend with his wife and not take the 3 minutes to email it to me before he left. So I can't post a picture of it right now.

2. I purchased this amp from RMC Audio. This is actually going to be my first rig :hyper: and I currently do not own any cabs to test it out and see if it works. I believe I read somewhere that they have 30-day return policy. I know, it probably wasn't the smartest move, but I needed to buy it before I spent the money on something else. It will probable be another 4-5 weeks before I purchase my RBH cabinets. Have any of you had any issues/concerns when dealing with this company that resulted in bad/damaged products?

2. JGR

JGR The "G" is for Gustav Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 29, 2006
    Maryland
    President, CEO, CFO, CIO, Chief Engineer, Technician, Janitor - Reiner Amplification
    the bridge switch is fine. it is that way be design so that it isn't accidently changed. i got my 2001 from RMC as well. they have always been responsive. you got a factory sealed unit and it's a well built amp so don't worry. you will love it.

JR

3. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    so like just go to a store or borrow a buddy's cab and then you'll be satisfied that you got one that works...

I've purchased 2 1001 RB II's from RMC with no issue. As I'm out here on the left coast, I asked them to un-box and do a burn in before shipping. They obliged. Nary an issue. I like those guys!

4. Slowgypsy

Slowgypsy 4 Fretless Strings

Dec 12, 2006
    NY & MA
    You've purchased a very high end, pro-grade piece of equipment (Gallien Krueger) from a very reputable and responsive dealer (RMC Audio). If you have any questions about your item you should give RMC a telephone call... they're very informed, very expert, and will completely answer your question.