Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Glockenklang

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by markybass, Jan 16, 2005.

1. markybass

markybass

Jan 11, 2005
    Hello everyone,
    I have been looking at Glockenklang equipment.Does everyone have any experience of this gear .I understand it's supposed to be unbelievably good!!
    thanks and regards,
    Mark. :)

2. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    It's cool by me if you'll polling for new input on this.
    but...
    Just to check (maybe you already have), there is quite a bit of info available on this if you do a search.

3. j.s.basuki

j.s.basuki Supporting Member

May 14, 2000
    asia/australia
    I have Glockenklang Bass Art Classic Head and also Bass Art Classic pre amp , a Soul Head and Bass Art Cabinet and Acoustic Art Cabinet.
    I think they are the best Bass Gear ever made. I have Demeter VTBP 201, Demeter VTHM 300, SWR, Eden , Schroeder, Ampeg but Glock is my favourite :)
    Clarity, punch , warmth, accurate, smoothness , quick all in one rig.

4. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
    I like the Glock head a lot. Very nice stuff, just not quite the power I like. But their heads are over the top quality and sound AMAZING! Cabs I haven't care for as much, but still awesome quality.

Cabs are like basses, not everyone likes the same tone or color of cabs. Thats why its great to have a selection of different companies.

You can't go wrong with the Glock Heads no Doubt, unless you just need more power then they offer. even then use a power amp and the Glock Pre section which is very clear!

5. markybass

markybass

Jan 11, 2005
    Thanks for the advice guys.
    regards,
    Mark.

6. Dan Knowlton

Dan Knowlton Out of my mind, back in 5 minutes! Supporting Member

I have the HeartCore head and use it with an Epifani 2x12 - sonic nirvana! Of the rigs I have had (too many!) it is the one that lets the bass through with no extra tones.

Dan K.

7. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I've been through many amps. This is the first time that I never have the urge for something else. I personally find the sound in my head from my Soul Top. The only time I'd ever buy something else would be if I needed more power. Than I'd get the Classic Pre and mate it with a Crest poweramp. As for now, I get plenty of volume for my needs. I've not heard the Glock cabinets however. I use my amp with two Berg 112's.

8. zoran

zoran

May 10, 2002
    croatia
    I use Glock bass art classic preamp, and using it with any poweramp gives you great tone... Also, I made all out recordings with it, and sound is warm and punchy, sometimes too much smooth for my taste but it can be in my bass too. Glock is famous for reproducing real tone of your bass. I hope that Basstasters will put that preamp on their test...