1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Gnomeratron VTF Club

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by metalinthenight, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Alrighty guys, because the other Gnomeratron thread was closed (for just reasons, IMO), I've started this thread as a place where we Gnomeratron users are able to share our fuzz stories, and basically bask in the glory of the Gnomeratron (though I may not have mine yet :crying:)

My goal is to have this thread be a place for us to share settings and as a collective discussion helping to explain the versatility of this pedal, and in no way (hopefully) violating the Commercial Users Policy.

Mods feel free to close this if you see anything wrong with this venture.

OH, and numbers are the numbers in that our pedals are!

EDIT:

For reference I've included things from the original Gnomeratron VTF thread that I think many will find useful:

General Gnome Info:

McSpunkle's description of the diodes and their sounds:

And here is another note on diodes:

2. Eric!

Eric! Commercial User

Jan 22, 2009
    America's High-Five
    Mojo Hand FX
    Colin I love you

3. Rad man thanks for paving the way, I'm in.

Long Live the Gnome! :bassist:

Member #24 or #25?

4. Still waiting for mine, but I've been told I'm #17 :)

5. Mine is coming soon too, I hope :hyper:

6. jrmy

jrmy

Dec 19, 2009
    Rhode Island
    +1!

uh... :ninja: I think I might be member #1 :ninja:

7. Gnome army #3

8. Does anyone know if any more of these will be made (i.e. apart from the 25)? I am VERY interested.

9. Staccato

Staccato Low End Advocate Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2009
    Alabama
    Maybe I can understand the hubub if someone will post a review, or link to same...

10. jrmy

jrmy

Dec 19, 2009
    Rhode Island
    I'm on my way out the door, so I don't have much time to write, but I did post clips here -

http://soundcloud.com/thewyrrejimes/gnomeratron-full-review

Note: the URL is horribly mis-named, as there is no actual review. It's just me playing the same riff through setting after setting of the Gnomeratron (and I still haven't scratched the surface). Essentially, it is a fuzz pedal with a ton of options: its two basic-most sounds are a fuzz with clean blend or an octave fuzz with clean blend. However there are about a bajillion ways to tweak each fuzz (switching diodes in or out, adjusting gain, gate or tone, tweaking the tone via a toggled scoop, or playing with the four gain trim pots on the side).

In the end, this is a Swiss Army Knife of fuzz, but definitely one with its own character. The octave is very filter-y in nature, and if you let a note drone on long enough, you can hear the effect modulate in all sorts of interesting ways. Plus, in certain settings you can get some serious squeally quasi-oscillation going on beyond just the octave. And this isn't even getting into the "magic" mode, where it cascades the fuzz into the clean channel (or vice versa - I can't remember) to get even crazier.

11. well, subscribed to this!

12. xed

xed Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Coastal NC, USA
    The force is strong with this one

13. change-jug

change-jug

Oct 11, 2008
    Buffalo,NY
    I can`t wait for mine! (#22?)

14. t3ch

t3ch

Nov 17, 2007
    DC
    #?? patiently waiting. I'm a faux-member of the club. :(

15. shaggy45

shaggy45 Supporting Member

Sep 27, 2009
    Georgia
    8220&t=1&usg=AFrqEzdUGcsHt985pKBQAJRo8OHbJhFGYg.jpg

#9 ...when it gets here

16. ^ Awesome

I think that I'm number 14, I believe

17. t3ch

t3ch

Nov 17, 2007
    DC
    Correction... #19. I'm still a faux member of the club, but I have word from someone close to the situation who indicated that #19 will be a "limited-edition 1-off best-gnomeratron-ever" build.

points at the rest of the forum and laughs

18. MD-BassPlayer

MD-BassPlayer Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    #5 and still in love.

19. t3ch

t3ch

Nov 17, 2007
    DC
    Poor guy, should've waited for #19.

20. change-jug

change-jug

Oct 11, 2008
    Buffalo,NY
    How so? Will yours have lasers basting out of it synchronized to your bass lines ?

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 6, 2021