Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

GOOD DEAL!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassnboards04, Oct 25, 2004.

1. bassnboards04

bassnboards04

Sep 25, 2004
    what do you think is the best bass you can get(any style) for under $400 new or used?

2. Matt Call

Matt Call Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    :eek: gasp! :eek:
    That bass looks strangely familiar......

Now where have I seen that before?

3. bassnboards04

bassnboards04

Sep 25, 2004
    UNDER 400...im not kidding...i got 400 and i dont got a job im only 15 i like to hang on to my do nothing but play bass ALL day days

4. Matt Call

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    This bass looks pretty cool:
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=148374

In my opinion, try finding an epiphone les paul bass. I had one a few years back, and it was a cool bass. I'm not sure how much they go for now, but they should be pretty reasonable. Or else go the schecter route, I love schecters, they're just so.....

I don't know, they just have a certain feel to them.

PM me if you are interested in the Tobias. Maybe we could work something out....

5. Matt Call

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    I have another bass... it's a Yamaha. It'd be $350 OBO Shipped

6. superfly

superfly

Aug 4, 2004
    I just picked up a 1992 G&L SB1 w/ hard case and maple neck for $380. There are some great used G&l deals out there to be had. For some reason, resale on these just isn't that great. I have 2 G&L's , and they are just superior instruments.

7. Get them while you can! Prices on some models are increasing as more people are recognizing G&L quality.

8. JTGale

JTGale

Oct 26, 2004
    Hummelstown, PA
    For the price and ease of playability, I don't think you can go wrong with Yamaha 700 series. I have one (a 5-string) that has an awesome neck with killer action and is fully active. I picked it up used and with 400 bucks to spend, you would still have lotsa change left. It even included one of those cordura-covered flight cases. Too bad that I am going to sell it, though. (And this is not a shameless plug, trust me.) My 5-string Tobias has it hands-down, but those cost way much more ... In short, take a good look at a good used Yamaha. You will probably like it.