1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

good songg to learn on a 6 string?

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by Loxodrome, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Anyone got any ideas? Im itermediate on my 4 string.

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Try taking the songs you already know and play them using the new hand positions made available by the two extra strings.

3. AFRO

AFRO

Aug 29, 2010
    I agree.

maybe watch some videos on Floating thumb, and maybe moveable anchor.
    The two extra strings wanna sing out too. You may also need to play with the bass much higher on your body to compensate for the extra girth on the neck and your wrist angle(s).

but I'd say "Happy Birthday" , "Twinkle Twinkle" etc..or play Cir of 5ths using octaves (all over the neck) to the beat of a slow metronome (drum track) click. till things sound clean.

Have fun bro (or ma'am)

4. Ive been playing 4 string bass and 8 string guitar for 2 years. Ive been getting bass lessons for 3 months.
    Im decent at bass, but not awesome or intermediate.
    I find it hard to find songs i like that arnet to hard/ dont require detuning.
    I have a 4cstring and a 6 string, and im used to the girth of the 6. Ive got floating thumb down.