1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Good website to buy strings?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by jtc_hunter, Jun 1, 2007.

1. jtc_hunter

jtc_hunter

Feb 16, 2007
    Can someone point me to a good website to buy strings?

2. juststrings.com is pretty good....never used em myself but friends talk about them

3. Wow, my chance to do my good deed for today:

juststrings.com

Let me illustrate with an example: I own a Conklin Groove Tools 7-string [yep, seven]. By buying bulk strings [six of each gauge] from these guys [and basically creating a custom-gauge set], what do you think I paid, per set?

...How about $12 and some change? That's probably half of what most people pay for a 4-string set.

Amazing, ain't it? You're welcome.

4. DeanT

DeanT Send lawyers, guns and money...

+2 on JustStrings.com. I use them all the time. They have nearly everything that's available and their prices can't be beat.

5. ishouldbeking

ishouldbeking

Feb 5, 2007
    Hollywood, CA
    Endorsing: SIT, Eastwood, Hanson
    yeah, other than juststrings I order from musiciansfriend if i can get a better deal. And then there's always webstrings, though that's something else entirely. Although the strings i've tried from there haven't been bad.

6. Thunder Pulse

Thunder Pulse

May 12, 2007
  7. jasper383

jasper383

Dec 5, 2004
    Durham NC
    stringsandbeyond.com ships free if over $35. Excellent service.

I got some LaBella strings from Imperial Guitar. Great prices, fast service. Juststrings had Deep Talkin Flats for $50, Imperial has them for $25.

8. ibnzneksrul

ibnzneksrul

Feb 2, 2007
    So Cal
    Good tip, thanks. :)

9. saxnbass

saxnbass

Mar 9, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    I use juststrings.com

I just made an order from them this morning. 5 sets of Rotosounds coming my way. :D

10. Asaf

Asaf

Jun 9, 2003
    Israel
  11. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

12. spideyjg

spideyjg

Mar 19, 2006
    San Diego
  13. HMZ

HMZ Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2003
    USA-Mineola
    E-Bay

14. I find the lowest pricing is from BP Strings. This includes both string price and shipping costs.

The online ordering process with BP Strings leaves a lot to be desired. You either have to call them long distance, or submit the online form and Bob gets back to you in 24 hours. I couldn't wait this time, so I bought two 5-string sets of DR LowRider Nickels from JustStrings. I got them right away, but the cost was $7 per set higher.

15. KidFunky

KidFunky

Jul 15, 2005
    I am having a hard time finding affordable DR Fatbeams 40-100 - Marcus Miller signature set, for the UK. All the Amrican sites kill of their good deals with very high shipping costs. Any ideas for UK/Europe?

16. Mikey D

Mikey D

Nov 30, 2006
    Birmingham, UK
    I don't know what the going rate is, but £21 for 4 string and £25 for 5 string from Thomann.de, their shipping is 10 euros, but if you buy bulk or a lot of things it is quite cheap generally.

17. mavroeida

mavroeida

Dec 18, 2006
    Greece
  18. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Not sure how they compare to the other places mentioned, but theperfectbass.com offers a Talkbass discount. Just type the word "talkbass" into the promotion code box in the shopping cart to see what the discount is on different items.

19. spc

spc

Apr 10, 2004
    South of Boston
    Another +1 for juststrings...

I just recently noticed that they have singles....
    so I just started customizing some Rotosound swingbass sets (50 65 80 105, instead of the stock 45 for the G)

20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 17, 2021