1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Got my GK MB Fusion today!!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by 77jazz, Sep 21, 2010.

1. 77jazz

77jazz

Jul 21, 2006
    Fargo, ND
    I got one of the first ones and it sounds awesome.

I only played her for a few minutes with my Jazz bass, everything set pretty much flat and she sounds amazing. The top end stays nice and fat, even when the bass is dialed down a bit. It's just "thick". I will play her live this weekend and fiddle with her a little more.
    I will post more after the weekend.

Thank you Bass Northwest.

77Jazz

2. MIJ-VI

MIJ-VI Inactive Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2009
    *subscribed*

3. pedulla1

pedulla1

May 14, 2005
    NYC
    What speaker are you using?

4. I WANT ONE! I'm going to part ways with my old AG500 and get one of these!

5. I look forward to hearing your review live...

6. Derfel81

Derfel81

Jan 29, 2008
    Parma, Italy
    Please post any pics, tks! :D

7. This is the amp that I have been GASSSing after for the last year... glad you are enjoying it so far and look forward to more updates! Does Bass NW have many of these in stock? I'm across the pond in 230v land, does the head work on dual voltage?

8. abarson

abarson

Nov 6, 2003
    Santa Cruz
    Subbed, for sincere GAS reappropriation!

9. BZadlo

BZadlo Supporting Member

Mar 4, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    I'm interested too.
    Price is right on these and is the only amp I'm currently interested in.

10. MIJ-VI

Jan 12, 2009
    Since the MB Fusion likely uses the same power supply as the MB2-500 and the MB500, any of these amps which are sold in North America and thus internally set for North America's VAC can be reconfigured to run on European voltage:

changing power source voltage for MB2-500
    http://www.gallien.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=38

However, since sales, warranty (which typically covers the original owner only), and repair work on new G-K products sold outside of the U.S. is handled by local distributors, you'd be better off buying this still fairly young amp design from the Gallien-Krueger distributor located nearest to where you live:

POLAR AUDIO LTD.

17 ALBERT DR.
    BURGESS HILL
    WEST SUSSEX RH15 9TN ENGLAND
    01444-258258
    01444-258444
    sales@polaraudio.co.uk
    www.polaraudio.co.uk

http://www.gallien-krueger.com/dealers_world.html#

11. rpsands

rpsands

Jul 6, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Man, I cannot wait for the next gen power from GK. Love my MB500 but would love to have more juice.

12. Yep, good advice since its just out of the chocks... as usual it will be ages before european stores get stocks of these though:(

13. MIJ-VI

Jan 12, 2009
    Yeah, but by then it'll have a track record. :)

14. 77jazz

77jazz

Jul 21, 2006
    Fargo, ND
    Last night I ran it with a Mesa Boogie PH1000 (1X15 + 4X10"s), and my 75RI Jazz with NJ4 pickups. This weekend I will run her with an SWR 8X8 and probably my 73 Jazz and my Warwick Thumb. I know they only shipped out a small batch, but BassNW was supposed to get 2 I think. It has two channels with sepparate volumes and gains for each so you can overdrive one of the chanels and leave one for clean. It is one pound heavier than my MB2 at 4.5 LBS.
    I will try to get a pic or two snapped in the next couple days.

77Jazz

15. BZadlo

BZadlo Supporting Member

Mar 4, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    2 Channels! I though they only had one.
    Now I really want it.
    This into an 8X10 is kinda funny.

16. Greevus

Greevus

Apr 15, 2009
    i run a new MB500 into an 810 fridge and it is the easiest to move rig i've owned in 22 years. it's stupid easy. i put the GK in a backpack and push the 810's handle and i can slide that sucker right into the van on it's rails. badda bing badda BOOM!

keep the fusion reporting going man!

17. Thundar

Thundar Don't talk old to me Supporting Member

Hmmmm...MB Fusion into the GK 412 cab? Im GASsin now

18. BZadlo

BZadlo Supporting Member

Mar 4, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    I also have a van and am liking the sound of this.

19. NOLA Bass

NOLA Bass Mr. Worst Case Scenario Man Gold Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2005
    New Orleans LA
    Endorsing artist: Bergantino Audio Systems
    I am really interested in this head. I have an MB2 into 2 GK Neo112 II's. I'd love to warm up the sound a bit and am wondering if this head will fit the bill.

Any info on how the two heads compare and the tube/warm elements of it is of great interest! Congrats on the new amp!

20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 1, 2021