Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Got to meet Tony Levin this weekend in Halifax..

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Panther, May 16, 2005.

1. Panther

Panther

Dec 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia
    ..what a great, down to earth musician- but aren't we all?!? ;)

He has some great stories of working with Peter Gabriel, Pink Floyd, John Lennon and Foreigner to name a few..

If you go to his site, you can read his tour diary for his perspective of his visit here in Halifax.

2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    That's awesome. Tony is the man, and he seems very laid back. Cool beans.

3. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties

Apr 1, 2004
    New York, NY
    Yeah, I talked to him briefly at a Bass Day clinic here in New York a few years ago, and I feel the same way: cool guy... :cool:

MM

4. Hey man, i'm from Halifax too. I wanted to go see that but other things came up. Glad to here he was good though.

5. Stomniar

Stomniar

Dec 5, 2003
    Spring Hill FL
    I found out a few weeks ago that my coworker's cousin was married to him. He is a good guy. I was tickled when I found this out. But what made me mad was when she asked if I knew who he was and I replied "Yes", she looked at me with a shocked expression and said that most people who play bass said they don't know who he is. I just shook my head( :scowl: ).

6. I play bass because of Tony Levin. I saw him play live with Peter Gabriel and I said, "I will play the bass"... I was hooked! You're lucky to have met him! I found out that he had done a clinic in my town 2 days before I saw him play (and learned of his existence). Imagine that... kickin' your own ass for not having gone to see a clinic put on by a guy you had never heard of until after the clinic was done!!! I don't share his talent, but I like to think I share his passion for the bass... and his love of small Terriers!

P.S. Have you ever seen a Cairn Terrier go after a squirrel? If not, you ain't seen nothin' yet! WOW!!! :D

7. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    So, did you ask him about those "funk fingers"? :D

8. Great bassist and a big influence on me... Nice you got to meet him.