1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Gotta Share

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by TaySte_2000, Mar 9, 2008.

1. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Just been practicing and I tried something that has got me so excited it's like a whole new world of effects.

Bass into korg DT-10 tuner using both outputs straight into a 4 channel soundlab mixer 2nd into my pedalboard in my pedalboard i use the send on the octron 2 into the sound lab mixer then rest of pedalboard into sound lab mixer

so we have 3 channels here active blend signal but buffered and has a gain stage so each could be louder than they originally started soundlab mixer into fz-2 into korg px4b as my headphone amp

OMFG

words can not express

i had 100% clean, 100% octave down and 100% octave down into my effect all adjustable and blendable.

Now I've had blenders before I have a Barge and it does not sound like this I think the main problem with it is it's a blend so its a 100% signal split 50/50 or 40/60 etc etc this is like 300% signal where everything can be made louder so there are 3 separate sounds in there.

Oh and to show how stupid it looks setup :p

2uik96g.

2. Chronicle

Chronicle

Sep 13, 2006
    NY
    Clips!

3. Happynoj

Happynoj

Dec 5, 2006
    UK
    I like turtles.
    There really wasn't enough punctuation there.

You must have run out - have some of mine:

'''
    ::::
    ;;;
    ""
    ()

:D

Oh yeah, and clips! ;)

4. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Very cool- I do something similar by using my Xotic blender to "double" my signal, and flipping the phase switch. BIG and LOUD! :bassist:

5. Any mixer offers so many possibilities and sound options over blender pedals, but most folks don't want the extra hassle.
    My next pedal board will have a small mixer to supply and mix 2 effects chains with the dry signal and I can also route signals to and from my synth board for even more possibilities.

6. A blender is basically a subsitute for multiple amps, a stereo rig. So it's nice to know that an actual stereo setup is still preferable to a pedal.