Graphtech Ghost Pickups

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BassJams2112, Feb 13, 2019.

Tags:
  1. BassJams2112

BassJams2112

Feb 14, 2013
    Has anyone used these successfully on a bass? Thinking about modifying one of my basses with the 13-pin input jack and installing the piezo bridge saddles. This would be used with a GR-55 after not liking my results with the GK-3B pickup. Thoughts?

Thanks,
    James

2. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    I have several sets for projects, but hate to admit I haven't gotten any of them up and running yet.

3. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    Endorsing artist: Dingwall Guitars
    I've been eyeballing these but trying out how to integrate them well with a traditional preamp & pickups for best effect.

4. BassJams2112

BassJams2112

Feb 14, 2013
    I am trying to figure out if they are worth the modification. If the tracking is as good as the video of the guy playing the guitar. Because if it's that good, then I think it will fit my needs really well. Always wanna be sure before you start cutting into a bass...

5. Dr. Love

Dr. Love

Nov 5, 2008
    Lubbock, TX
    I've used the piezo saddles/acoustic preamp system on guitar mixed with passive pickups and had good results, but never tried them on bass. I didn't go with the midi system, so I have no experience there.

6. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    Endorsing artist: Dingwall Guitars
    I can speak from experience now.

They're a very cool thing and do produce some tone options that you won't get from traditional magnetic pickups...but the cost was fairly extensive in time, effort and money. The ABM hardware needed pretty extensive modification, the Graphtech hardware also got modification. The body of the bass got modification, the wiring diagram for the preamp was not correct & there had to be seat-of-the-pants circuit design to implement the preamp correctly.

View attachment 3478838

View attachment 3478839

View attachment 3478842

View attachment 3478845

View attachment 3478851

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
  7. crguti

crguti

Feb 14, 2011
    Scandinavia
    Wrong room

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 26, 2021