1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Great gig tonight!

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by bradjonesbass, May 19, 2012.

1. Got a call from my old lead singer 3 weeks ago wanting to put together a band for a one time show. Ended up with me, a keyboard player I know, a drummer he knows and him singing. No gui****... Had 2 short rehearsals and threw some stuff together - blend of old and new R&B, anything from old school Motown to Usher, basically. The band improvised a bunch of stuff live and the singer threw a bunch of songs together over the top of what we were doing. It worked pretty well I guess because the venue wants to put us in a regular rotation - 1-2 times a month.

2. Nick_Merrick

Nick_Merrick

May 18, 2012
    Clovis, CA
    hahaha that sounds like so much fun. nice job man.

3. Sometimes (often, actually) those are the most fun gigs. Got to really keep on your toes, usually only pretty experienced pros try to pull that off, so there's liable to be some pretty amazing grooves happening.

Randy