1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GREAT service!!!

Discussion in 'Bass Central' started by songwriter21, Oct 31, 2013.

1. songwriter21

songwriter21 I have an obsession for wood. The musical kind. Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2005
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Sponsored by Hipshot
    **THIS IS FROM ANOTHER THREAD I STARTED, REGARDING A BASS THAT I WASN'T HAPPY WITH**

Okay, so I got the bass yesterday, and sent it back. Reason being, besides not being hot for the body shape anymore, I didn't specify to have the same serial # shipped to me, that I saw on BC's website. What drew me in originally, was the retro body combined with the vintage tuners. The one I got was an updated model, with EB's current contemporary-style, triangular-looking tuners. I think they look cheap, even though they're probably not, and are ugly as hell with the rest of the bass (this is just my opinion, of course). It seems like a small thing to many, but with a bass of this money, and new, it needs to be perfect for me.

Bass Central, by the way, are indeed very nice and understanding guys, at least with Mike and Beaver (haven't talked to anyone else so far). I dealt with Beaver years ago, and he was a stand-up and very friendly guy. Mike seems to be the same way, as he honestly was disappointed because I was disappointed. Normally, if by customer mistake or preference, a return at their store warrants a 10% restocking fee. I didn't specify the exact bass that I wanted, no, and yes, it was my fault, but because Mike could tell I was bummed, he said he'd work with me to make sure that I'm happy. That's some customer service right there!

So, I've decided to go with a Fender American Deluxe Jazz V. It was that or the new Dimension V (US Deluxe), even though Mike said all the guys are raving about the latter. I like the look of the Jazz better, it has adjustable spacing, and the alder body is more up my alley than ash (the Dimension). Also, I've played Jazzes, so I know I'm familiar with them. Mike also paid attention to my concerns for getting this bass, too, since the ones I've played (here in Pittsburgh) for purchase consideration, have had BAD hum. It's the general consensus that it is hit-or-miss with the Jazzes, even as flagship models, and the good ones supposedly are phenomenal. I can understand that, since these are top-of-the-line for Fender, next to custom shop models. Mike also agreed to check, again per my request, for any gaps in the neck pocket, as well as finding any dead spots. This is what a music store should be...listening to the customer and keeping them happy. Big props to Bass Central!