1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

greetings from the northeast!

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by EDuncan162, Jun 28, 2012.

1. EDuncan162

EDuncan162

Jun 28, 2012
    hi everyone:

new to this forum and trying to expand my bass playing.

I've played on and off for a couple years now I'm more in a mind-set to take it a bit more serious

and also because I am a lucky man for my first bass:

all original 1975 fender P-bass with original case

(finding pics as we speak on my desktop)

and I got it for free a couple years ago. insane!

anyway once i get pics up I hope you'll enjoy them!

DSC_0191.

DSC_0193.

DSC_0192.

DSC_0194.

DSC_0195.

DSC_0196.

DSC_0197.

DSC_0198.

DSC_0199.

DSC_0200.

DSC_0202.

DSC_0204.

2. EDuncan162

EDuncan162

Jun 28, 2012
    pictures are up!

3. René_Julien

René_Julien

Jun 26, 2008
    Belgium
    You got that bass for free??????
    Wow, that is great. Very lucky indeed cause that is one nice precision bass.

Can you give me 5 numbers between 1 and 50 and 2 numbers between 1 and 11, cause I would like to play Euromillions tomorrow, maybe your luck will rub off. :)

Anyway, welcome to TB. For a new member it might be overwhelmig the amount of information around here.
    Don't let that carry you away and give you too much "GAS", cause it's bad for your wallet.

4. EDuncan162

EDuncan162

Jun 28, 2012
    9, 37, 22, 45, 2 and 5, 7 haha

and yes it was a freak deal, freind of a friend was cleaning out his brothers garage and sadly (but good for me) is not into anything musical and knew I was getting into bass and gave it to me, but he said he felt good that it was going to someone who appreciated it which i absolutely do.

only thing i've been trying to figure out is if for this year there was the bridge cover that came with it, and if it did its the only piece missing otherwise its 100% origional

but i love playing this bass so much, i came here mostly trying to get resources for learning music, because yea i can play stuff via tabs but in my opinion, its not really learning more of just copying (if that makes sense) where should I go from here?

5. René_Julien

René_Julien

Jun 26, 2008
    Belgium
    I'll try those numbers. :D (seriously)

Great story about how you got this cool vintage bass. I love precision basses.

I understand what you mean. Best case is to find a teacher in real life, who is in the room with you.

That's something that I neglect too. My priorities now are leaning more towards learning music theory. But learning to handle the instrument is a completely different thing.

Good luck learning... browse the Technique and General Instruction forums. Great stuff in there.

6. EDuncan162

EDuncan162

Jun 28, 2012
    well, I've kinda gone an odd step ahead (in a way)

my friend told me that if you want to understand bass better: learn a chorded instrament (guitar / piano) so i've been teaching myself guitar and taking a handful of guitar lessons so hopefully thats putting me in some kind of direction?