1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Gretsch amp identification help?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jpatt2, Mar 25, 2011.

1. jpatt2

jpatt2

Jul 27, 2009
    Rochester, NY
    There's an old Gretsch amp that's been in my family for like 40 years. I believe my uncle traded Fender Twin for it. Anyway, no matter how hard I research, I can't find a damn thing about it. Can anyone offer any insight? Below is the only online picture I could find (though the music store sold it long ago and remembered nothing about it).

Attached Files:

2. jpatt2

jpatt2

Jul 27, 2009
    Rochester, NY
    Anyone? I'm going to visit him soon and think it would make him really happy if I could find some stuff out!

3. Hi.

Well, I'd say You need to give it a little bit of time, vintage Gretch amps aren't something everyone is expert about.

From the very, very little I know about those amps (seen only one or two in person), is that they tend to look about the same regardless of the amp section, so some details or pics of the amp is def. needed.

Regards
    Sam

4. KramerBassFan

KramerBassFan

Jan 3, 2009
    They were made by the same guy who did Montgomery wards amps, later on if i remember correctly.

5. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru..........

Apr 11, 2006
    Did you check in with the folks at Gretsch Pages, yet? ;)

BTW, you do know those are geetar amps, right?
    :bag:

6. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    They weren't at all successful, I've never even seen one. I doubt enough of them still exist to support an owners forum.

7. jpatt2

jpatt2

Jul 27, 2009
    Rochester, NY
    It actually works as both a guitar AND bass amp (how cool!). It was stereo, bass, and treble modes, with 2 10" speakers and 1 15" speaker.

I will definitely check the Gretsch pages right now!

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 7, 2021