Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Guess who we met in Manchester?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Nickthebassist, Oct 29, 2004.

1. DOUG WIMBISH! Me, Joe and Steve were in this music shop trying out basses, and as we walked out we noticed this guy in SWR clothing. We then realised he had an American accent, and when we looked, we saw it was Doug Wimbish. He's a really kool guy and got Joe and Steve into a gig on his guest list(unfortunately I couldn't go as I had to get home).

2. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Great guy!

3. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Coolest Nickthebassist thread ever.

4. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Define 'American accent'?

5. I dunno how to define it.....he just had a deep american accent. That's all I know.

6. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Websters defines a "Strong American Accent" as being completely opposite in tone and diction from that of a british accent.

7. This thread aint about how he talked, it's about the fact we met him. And he's a dude.

8. Did you get any useful tips from him?

9. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Yer come see my gig tonight, pretty much the best tip from him changed my out look on playing.

Nick will you stop stealing my threads :p

I want to talk to you about something so if you can be on msn some time tomorrow and give me a txt, we can have a chat.