1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Guilt

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Vinny Vincenzo, Nov 11, 2018.

1. i just sprung for a Nash pb-52 and haven’t told my wife, should I feel as guilty as I do?

Ellery, MCF and Pbassmanca like this.
  2. Rambazamba

Rambazamba

Dec 14, 2012
    Berlin
    No

Tony Rotella, Remoman, Ellery and 7 others like this.
  3. You deserve to treat yourself. But also get her something special as well of equal value. She gonna be pissed.

4. The last time when I put a set of guts on my upright and I told her the price she flipped the script

5. micguy

micguy

May 17, 2011
    Does she have to skip a medical procedure for you to buy it? If so, go ahead and feel guilty. If not, you’d still better hurry and get her something that she likes.

6. She gets anything she wants and I never complain

cosmicevan, Gee Man, fhm555 and 2 others like this.
  7. She has everything she wants but when it comes to my music ?

Pbassmanca likes this.
  8. No medical procedures! Lol!

Pbassmanca likes this.
  9. Id book a trip to somewhere nice. Cause id be worried about getting bobbitted. Remember that guy. Dont think it turned out too well for that guy. just saying.

10. Pbassmanca

Pbassmanca In the pocket n' thumpy. So woody, so greasy...

We're all going to die someday buddy. Get what you want if you have the means and aren't depriving the missus of anything. I say dig deep recognize that you feel guilty, accept it, and then keep that situation between you the bass the strings and your fingers. Why shouldn't you have the P bass? This is why I like to have matching non-branded black cases for everything....:D

fhm555, CayGee, Adam Wright and 6 others like this.
  11. Ahh poopie! Lol!

12. HeavyJazz

HeavyJazz Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Virginia
    Did you buy it on her birthday? Sometimes that can happen... (Oops.)

bobyoung53 and Vinny Vincenzo like this.
  13. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    Unless it is coming from a separate account, and you don't have debts, you probably aren't feeling guilty enough.

14. Pbassmanca

Pbassmanca In the pocket n' thumpy. So woody, so greasy...

The question is why do you feel guilty? Why do you feel like you have done something that you shouldn't have done? Is it because you legitimately shouldn't have bought the bass, or is it because you're worried that your wife thinks you shouldn't have bought the bass? Those are two very different things. The former which you should probably listen to, the latter, which you should probably ignore and keep the bass between you and the amplifier....:smug:

15. My girl is still angry at me for buying my yamaha. I had to sell my warwick rockbass and my Wishbass Lobe. I was ok with that. But i still feel guilty when she sees me with it. I get the eyes like im flirting with another girl. I didnt approach it very well.

16. JGbassman

JGbassman Supporting Member

May 31, 2011
    My girlfriend never says anything about my equipment purchases. I use my own money and as a heavily gigging bassist, it pays for itself in short order. I work 50+ hours a week at my day job, plus gig almost every Friday and Saturday night.

I pay the lion’s share of the bills and she works part time due to chronic foot injuries. She also is able to spend more time with her kids because of her reduced work schedule.

If you aren’t struggling and paying for it from your earnings, I can’t imagine a significant other complaining about buying a piece of equipment.

I’m sorry if anyone here has to deal with that nonsense.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
  17. I have a split pickup p bass I wanted another single coil p bass like the 56 I got rid of years ago, which I regret, but this bass smokes that one, just feel like I wanna come clean but yet I don’t because I know the ramifications

18. Coolhandjjl

Coolhandjjl Supporting Member

Oct 13, 2010
    Appleton
    When your wife eventually discovers it, telling her “That old thing? I’ve always had that one...” will seem ever the more believable since it’s a Nash.

jackn1202 and Vinny Vincenzo like this.
  19. Yup why are they jealous of basses?

Admiral Akbar and Yammybass like this.
  20. Madhouse27

Madhouse27 Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2016
    She said that your happiness was her number one concern. You're all set.

BOOG and bobyoung53 like this.