1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Guitar Center does it again!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jd56hawk, Nov 19, 2018.

1. jd56hawk

jd56hawk

Sep 12, 2011
    The Garden State
    Fender American Professional Jazz Bass Rosewood Neck Limited Edition Shell Pink
    D3-D7-C5-BE-92-AC-4398-988-F-F902-D39-A92-FA.
    Shouldn’t it have a really dark tort pickguard, though?
    7435-A348-3423-45-A0-BA80-DE3-C79-E62-D34.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
  2. Nashrakh

Nashrakh

Aug 16, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    The headstock kinda throws me. Matching headstock would have been the bomb.

3. jd56hawk

jd56hawk

Sep 12, 2011
    The Garden State
    True.
    Other than several Squiers, a few other limited edition Fenders, and some Japanese basses they prefer the unfinished look.
    I wish they’d take a look at Bacchus and offer more finishes than simply renaming some bass lines and changing other minor things.

pellomoco14 likes this.
  4. M.R. Ogle

M.R. Ogle Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 5, 2004
    Mount Vernon, Illinois
    Backstage Guitar Lab owner
    My recording bass has a Schecter all-rosewood neck. I'll be VERY interested to see if these new Fenders share some of the same sonic characteristics.

5. Ghastly

Ghastly

Oct 18, 2015
    Mill Valley
    I love the rosewood neck, but the overall colorscheme of the bass is odd and doesn't satisfy me.

6. I don't like the pink. I've played a number of the new rosewood neck Fender guitars and they all play great. The necks are really high quality.

7. Bass V

Bass V

Dec 11, 2008
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I luv it, the only way I'd dig this more would be if the fretboard was undotted to compliment the v cool headstock, and have a PJ option. the pickguard goes well with the 'girly' scheme and other than the black header is like my Shelly Strat which I've always found sexy as hell.

HawldieMPB and jd56hawk like this.
  8. Is it my imagination or is pink (and to a lesser degree all pastel colors) the new trend in finishes? I don't care for the pink, but the sonic blue, capri orange, seafoam green and whatever-they-call-the-shade-of yellow are cool. Probably not the best color for metal.

Shannon, basslifter, MCF and 5 others like this.
  9. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

i'd feel funny playing an ax which is the same color as my underwear.

10. ThudThudThud

ThudThudThud

Jun 4, 2010
    I actually like that. Don't know why, but I do.

11. MotorCityMinion

MotorCityMinion

Jun 15, 2017
    Heh, they get rid of some old paint they had laying around, then empty our wallets and the rain forest at the same time. How efficient.

It is a nice looking neck though.

Karl_V, Nomogram and pellomoco14 like this.
  12. Same here. I guess Antigua is out then.:roflmao:

13. ThudThudThud

ThudThudThud

Jun 4, 2010
    Sonic blue, Mint, Rosewood would have been amazing.

hufe, pellomoco14 and jamro217 like this.
  14. 80jazz

80jazz

Jun 28, 2008
    Kansas
    IMO the black headstock is odd with this. Otherwise, I dig the shell pink/mint guard/rosewood board combo.

15. bearfoot

bearfoot SUSPENDED

Jan 27, 2005
    schenectady, ny
    I love pink.
    I love the rosewood veneer headstock. EDIT : IT'S SOLID ROSEWOOD!!! NICE!

I don't like them together. A Reese's , this bass is not.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
    Nomogram and Mammoth_Bass like this.
  16. If you want a matching headstock, get a clear coated bass. Every Fender I ever had that came in the Natural finish had a matching headstock. Colors, not so much. Most Rics match. Gibsons too, if you order a black one.

MMiller28 and jd56hawk like this.
  17. Yes, I think it should have a tort guard with that shade of pink, and Fender should get a little daring, and offer some more aesthetically appealing finishes.

Perhaps Bacchus or Michael Kelly.

I bought a Michael Kelly Telecaster recently, and the finishes on most of the MK instruments are very nice to look at. www.michaelkellyguitars.com

Mike

pellomoco14 and jd56hawk like this.
  18. joker820

joker820 Supporting Member

Jan 20, 2014
    They should’ve at least used the silver spaghetti logo like on their roasted necks and the All Rosewood Teles. The surf green P bass released alongside this looks cool. I almost wonder if they should’ve swapped the colors and made the P shell pink and the J surf green but what do I know.

Scott Baiowulf likes this.
  19. kohanmike

kohanmike Gold Supporting Member

In this case I think the pickguard should be the same color as the headplate.

Bill Whitehurst and jd56hawk like this.
  20. I thought this was about another mis-priced item.Last week I grabbed a bass that should have been $100 more, because they had the model # wrong.

Old Garage-Bander and jd56hawk like this.