1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Guitar Pro 6

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Fishheadjoe, Apr 23, 2010.

1. Hey guys,
    Guitar player in my band has this software and after a very short demo by him, my interest has been peeked. I really like the way it isolated bass tracks and obviously it has many other applications... however, my guitar player has very limited to no knowledge about computers and or software. He has a friend set it up on his system and he is basically a user.
    My question is for those who have experience with this product.
    How do you inport songs into this software? My guitar player has a burned CD that contains thousands of songs that are zipped and he can access them through the software. However, when I looked at the Guitar Pro site, it clearly states that you cannot import waves or MP3's so now I am very confused.
    Anyone offer any experience/help?
    Thanks,
    Fishheadjoe

2. TheDarkReaver

TheDarkReaver Banned

Mar 20, 2006
    Lincolnshire, UK
    Basically guitar pro reads and plays back midi tracks, since guitar pro 5 it has used a real sound engine to make it sound more real.

You can either compose the tracks yourself, using tab or notation, import midi tracks or download guitar pro files (which other people have made) from sites like http://www.gprotab.net/.

It's a great program for learning songs and composing.

3. Thanks Man! That really helps a lot!
    Interesting... I going to have to look into this!
    Fishheadjoe