1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

guitarist

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by JeffTheBig, Jul 31, 2007.

1. share storys....ill go first.....

i was working at a studo as the bassplayer/sound guy and i did a few tracks for a guitarist friends band and they coudent pay me for the work and i said "dont worry about it man i enjoyed the jaming no worrys" he woudent take no for an answer and left for a few minnits coming back with a guitar saying"this should cover it and the next time we are in?" i was like ya sure that works for me. a year later i have moved away the place the studo and his band broke up. (befor i moved i offerd to pay him the rest for the guitar because his band was done and he said dont worry about" so my dad calls me and tells me that my guitarist "friend" is super pissed at me. so i call him up and get this...."what the ### are you doing with my guitar you %^&^%## you never did that other recording so i want the guitar back or $600. so i gave it back right through the fround windo of his house :smug:

2. lmao thats funny..

3. ya it is haha anything like ever happen to anyone?

4. Vlasco

Vlasco

Aug 23, 2006
    North Dakota
    Ahaha, that's awesome!

Nope, can't say I've had that happen to me.

5. the best part was the look on his face as it went through his pitcher window

6. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Wow, that was a bit extreme. I mean, the guy was a jerk, but he didn't trash any of your ****.

By the way, it's:

couldn't
    wouldn't
    minutes

I'm normally not a spelling nazi, but...

7. Andre_gt7

Andre_gt7

Jan 4, 2005
    Atlanta - GA
    you didn't really it throw it through his window did you?

8. and those are picture windows u know. not pitchers.

9. Yngwie 4String

Yngwie 4String Banned

May 3, 2007
    Auburn Nebraska
    I didnt notice any of the mispellings LOL.

Dude my last guitarist hacked my myspace account.

Anyways 1st off I wouldnt have accepted the guitar. Id have said, get me a bass or just keep it man, or if ya want give me cash.
    2ndly I wouldnt have trashed it through the window. The guitar didnt do anything to you, and I have a personal code not to screw with other ppls equipment.

10. yeah that whole toss through the window seems a little overboard.

11. RoMeRz

RoMeRz

Feb 13, 2006
    Glasgow, Scotland
    its rock and roll though.

Rock on!

12. I didn't realize Canadians were so violent. Better reinforce the borders!! ;)

13. derrico1

derrico1 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2005
    Charlottesville, VA
    Probably haven't been paying close enough attention to hockey, eh? :ninja:

14. God! I've come close to doing similar things before but decided against it!! On the balance of things, I'm sure if throwing a guitar through a window is balanced against this guy's face especially after been an ass. Probably taking the guitar apart bit by bit and leaving it in a cardboard box on his front porch would have caused less damage, and caused him as much grief. No costly repair jobs, just painstaking re-construction of his guitar.

I used play with a premadonna guitarist who unnecessarily tuned his guitar after every song at a live gig, and ranted (on stage) if the lighting was wrong, or if he felt he wasn't loud enough or if anyone hit the slightest wrong note or left out a fill. The drummer and myself decided we'd leave the band and at our last gig (we knew it was our last, but they didn't), we detuned the guitar completely and took the batteries out of his pedals. No damage done to his equipment but the look of disgust on his face was priceless.

15. *ouch*.....Dude , that IS a bit overboard . Thankfully I live in an Apt. . It would be fun to have someone try throwing a Strat' at my window......have it fly 5 feet in the air , and fall back down on his face....