Guyatone SB-28 floating bridge

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Marcus_Corvus, Oct 16, 2021.

1. Marcus_Corvus

Marcus_Corvus

Mar 16, 2021
    I found a Guyatone SB-28 today and immediately bought it. It has a floating bridge and I have spent the better part of the day trying to figure out how to remove the strings. There is a block of wood in the trapezoid and I can't see any way to remove the strings without removing the block of wood (and I can't seem to do that... Remove the wood). Does anyone have any experience with this type of bridge? 20211016_204613.jpg

2. Do you have a picture of the underside of the tailpiece? It should have slots that hold the string and ball end something like this. You’d remove them from underneath. If not, post a pic of the other side and I’m sure we can figure it out.

2C72318B-F7CB-4881-8FDC-ADB669D9124F.png

3. Slater

Slater Leave that thing alone.

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    What happens if you remove those two cap nuts?

4. Marcus_Corvus

Marcus_Corvus

Mar 16, 2021
    Thanks! I did that and can now remove the old strings.

Slater likes this.
  5. Marcus_Corvus

Marcus_Corvus

Mar 16, 2021
    Here it is all cleaned up. The first pictures are right after I bought it. It took a while to get all the stickers off. Thank you so much for your help, Slater!

Attached Files:

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 30, 2021