Halloween 2018

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by fingerguy, Sep 18, 2017.

Tags:
  1. fingerguy

fingerguy Inactive

Aug 2, 2016
    CT
  2. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    Why not? Remake everything! Screw originality.

3. fingerguy

fingerguy Inactive

Aug 2, 2016
    CT
    Also screw consistency; they seem to forget about the loss of his eyes at the end of part 2. Also, what was up with part 3? What were they thinking?

4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Is this the series with the silver shamrock?

-Mike

ahc likes this.
  5. klejst

klejst

Oct 5, 2010
    I'm guessing along the lines of if they can remake "It" and it kills (no pun intended) at the box office then why not?

6. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Yes- part three was a completely different take on Halloween. They apparently had the idea of making a series of different horror movies under the title of Halloween, sort of like a Tales from the Crypt thing.

This one seems especially weird because they pretty much already did this with Halloween H2O.

I actually really liked the Rob Zombie reboot from a few years ago of parts 1 and 2- I wouldn't mind if they ran with that instead.

MJ5150 likes this.
  7. fingerguy

fingerguy Inactive

Aug 2, 2016
    CT
    Agreed. I love the mind and creativity of Rob Zombie; I also enjoy seeing his wife in the movies as well.

8. I've read that it is supposed to be the Halloween 3 that was never made (instead of that Shamrock joke).

9. Part 1 was great and I legitimately enjoyed it. Part 2 was the first time I ever wanted to walk out of a theater.

Matthew_84 likes this.
  10. MJ5150

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    This commercial scared the living daylights out of me....

-Mike

nixdad and Low84 like this.
  11. friskinator

friskinator Supporting Member

Apr 5, 2007
    Georgia
    Not sure how i feel about Danny McBride being involved in the screenplay. Loved Eastbound and Down (well, the first season), but he's been involved in a lot of garbage since.

12. MJ5150

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Yeah. He's good at scaring the crap out of me.

giphy.gif

-Mike

13. BboogieXVII

BboogieXVII

Feb 4, 2013
    jammin
    Geee, I hope this isn't derailment material but will Halloween 2017 be filled with weird clown violence? Also dressing up as a certain country's president may make people take a pot shot. ( especially if alcohol is involved) Just sayin.

14. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    I thought this was gonna be a Halloween costume ideas thread. :(

the_home, FilterFunk and dwm74 like this.
  15. D M C

D M C Oh good god, this again? Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2015
    North America, Earth
    I thought it was going to be about juggalos being classified as a gang.

Gaolee and MJ5150 like this.
  16. GIBrat51

GIBrat51 Innocent as the day is long Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2013
    South Bend, Indiana
    So, after all this time, Mikey's going to hobble around after people, mumbling "Stay off..lawn", and poke 'em to death with his cane? I see a whole new movie genre here; Geriatric Slasher/Horror... Oh, wait; already been done. But, Bubba Ho-Tep set the bar pretty low, so, who knows...:whistle:

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
  17. fingerguy

fingerguy Inactive

Aug 2, 2016
    CT
    Decided I will go opening day since I am on vacation that week. Hope it's worth it.

18. Gravedigger Dav

Gravedigger Dav Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Springtown, Texas
    Surely you jest.

19. dwm74

dwm74

Nov 8, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ
    Wouldn't Jason or Freddie or Mike Meyers all be in wheelchairs or using walkers by now?

I guess the purpose of this remake is to waste time and take money from a new generation of movie goers.

20. fingerguy

fingerguy Inactive

Aug 2, 2016
    CT
    Considering Mike and Jason been hit, thrown out of cars, and etc. I don't see it happening. Freddy, he's in dream world.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021