1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Halo brand basses?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tazthewonderdog, Dec 21, 2011.

1. Anyone know anything about these? They're priced great, but I haven't heard any reviews or testimonies other than on their site... anyone here know about they? Played or owned one?
    I'm thinking I might just pick up one of these...

I might grab me this one-
    FALLEN ANGEL - 4 String :: Electric Basses :: Halo Custom Guitar - Baritone Guitar - Custom Bass - 8 String Guitar - Guitar Repair San Jose
    (I LOVE the body. It's pretty.)

Or possibly this one-
    HELLFIRE - 4 String :: Electric Basses :: Halo Custom Guitar - Baritone Guitar - Custom Bass - 8 String Guitar - Guitar Repair San Jose

If someone wants to try these out, they're on a Christmas sale now. $149 and free US shipping for one of these-- OCTAVIA - 4 String :: Electric Basses :: Halo Custom Guitar - Baritone Guitar - Custom Bass - 8 String Guitar - Guitar Repair San Jose

2. NOBODY has heard of these? Seriously?!

3. I've heard of them and I don't recommend them. I've heard way too many bad things to say try one. I know a handful of people who have received products not worth the price.

One guy received a guitar with no ferrules (or holes drilled through the body), a misaligned bridge, and other problems. He had to actually take the bridge off to change the strings.

This was quite some time ago. I've heard their instruments got better over the years, but I'm not going to spend a bunch of money on it to find out if they've changed.

4. Psycho

Psycho

Jun 24, 2008
    Honestly, they look like some sort of melting pot of Dean, B.C. Rich, and ESP models to me.

5. Psycho, I know, but I think some of them look pretty sick.
    Josh, that's bad... :/

6. bassmastan

bassmastan Guest

Jun 25, 2011
    From what I've heard if you buy USA made (+4000 dollars usd) there great custom basses, if your going for more for look and less for it being a great usable bass. Don't waist money on an import cuz they'll be much lower quality. Save your money for a better custom bass if that's what your going for in bass player le complete got a good review and there stuff is only like 1500 usd. My opinion is to save your money.

7. IngerAlb

IngerAlb

May 11, 2007
    I guess the original models these guys copied are pretty obvious...yet I really dig the Hellfire - it's like a Razorback V, but not quite. If the body really looks like in those pics, it could provide an interesting platform for modding. Then again I wouldn't risk getting plywood instead of a guitar...

8. grendle

grendle

Mar 4, 2011
    Central FL
    I like the octiva actually. No frills like my guitars. 259$ isn't bad . Didn't see anything 159 though.

9. Rumblefisher

Rumblefisher

Aug 22, 2007
    Astoria, NY
    ESP LTD F series.

Reputable company, basses play better than their price points.

:)

[/thread]

MattZilla likes this.
  10. The Christmas sale ended the day i posted these, grendle. They had a blowout of all old stock before new years, it all got sold though.

And I guess I may as well save my money, eh?

11. Lots of guys I know/watch play those... but more play Ibanez ;)

12. *although the F4E looks..... aweeeesssssoooooome..... but I can't stand when they have the dot inlays along the top of the neck. >.<

13. Rumblefisher

Rumblefisher

Aug 22, 2007
    Astoria, NY
    They used to make the F404 with a tribal inlay. It was great! You can probably still find one with a little searching.

47105_l.

[​IMG]

I used to have the Black Cherry version. It was an awesome bass. I just outgrew the styling of it.

14. I think I'll probably just go for this Ibanez.com | Basses | SRT800DX but thanks :p
    I was really just wondering if Halos were going to be half-decent, I didn't want any arguing going on!

15. ChrisCassisi

ChrisCassisi

Mar 24, 2011
    San Jose, CA
    I live by Halo Guitars and their instruments are junk. Even their USA made stuff. If you are looking for a cool looking bass that is well built and cheap check out Monson Guitars. I play the Pariah bass from him and it is amazing.

16. Thanks, guys! I now have my answer. :/
    Chris, I checked them out. their basses look...... well, unique. I have no idea what to say-- they look metal, I guess. Haha I'm not sure if they're hideous or awesome looking. How do they play? What's the weight like?

17. Tupac

Tupac

May 5, 2011
    I wonder if they come with a free copy of Reach.

18. ChrisCassisi

ChrisCassisi

Mar 24, 2011
    San Jose, CA
    The weight on my Monson is around 9 pounds. Honestly it plays absolutely amazing. Better then some basses in the 3-4K range I have played. Super smooth and the Pariah balances very well. Mine has a cherry body and bubinga top. Very warm sounding. Really love Brent Monson's skill as a builder. He really knows his stuff. I will post a video review up for all TB to see soon. Have been playing the Pariah for a alittle over 3 years now. Love it to death.

Brent's basses are very unique but also practical shape wise when it comes to balance. This dude is a great builder and hopefully will get the recognition he deserves soon. Easily contends with some of the big name dudes. Cheap and top notch quality all around. What more could you ask for?

19. Psycho

Psycho

Jun 24, 2008
    Those Monson's look like balancing nightmares to me, and I own a Warlock bass. :meh:

I do like the Plague though.

20. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    About 2/3 of their designs have the top strap button at or beyond the 12th fret. Those should balance just fine.
    Monson Guitars