Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Happy birthday, Munjibunga!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Alvaro Martín Gómez A., Jul 24, 2005.

1. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

Browsing some profiles I found that today is your day. Best wishes! :)

2. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    HAPPY 29TH BIG M!!!

:hyper:

...enjoy that trip to GC, hope you get over on some moron sales geek!

:D

3. Happy B'Day, Munji. Always enjoy your sharp wit and concise delivery. I strive to make my points with your cool efficiency and for some unknown reason, cannot seem to boil my thoughts down to the bare essence with the effortless ease with which you do so on a continuous basis. I fear the clear concepts in my head do not make it to paper with the clarity and focus I intend, which you seem to accomplish effortlessly, and to great effect.

Well, actually I just wanted to say Happy b'day and enjoy your contributions.

Randy

4. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    What He said! :D

5. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    29th? Maybe double that....:D

6. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Happy 29th decade! Hope you have a good birthday! :hyper:

7. Happy berfday, Munji.

And, did anyone else here notice that it's also Brad Johnson's B/d and -they are the same age!!

Munji = Brad Johnson?? (Or maybe just the Qintar... :D )

8. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Happy Birthday Munj!

9. Enjoy your Birthday out in Groom Lake. Did the girls I sent by with you gifts get there yet?

John

10. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Happy birthday.... old guy.

11. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I hope you have a great birthday rockin the new Sadowsky.

12. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Yeah, happy birthday Munji. :)

13. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    I'm not sure what you mean. One is a grumpy old guy who is opinionated, snide, makes jokes at other TB'ers expense and is a gear hound. The other is....oh wait! :D

:bag:

Happy Birthday Brad and Munji!

14. paintandsk8

paintandsk8 Pushin' my soul through the wire...

May 12, 2003
    West Lafayette, IN
    Happy Birthday Munji!

The other day I was browsing TB and the question struck me, "What TB'ers gear would I most like to have?" You won by a long shot. You sir have excellent taste in basses. (BTW is there a thread on that?)

15. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Hmmm ... just found this. Thanks for your thoughts, everybody. Seriously, I didn't think I'd be this affected by a bunch of 1s and 0s. It means more than you might expect. This is a great place to hang out, loaded with great people.

Yes, I'm grumpy, opinionated, snide, sarcastic, outspoken and a gear weenie. But I'm REAL close to the age when I can get away with all of it because I'm OLD (but I still have all my hair and most of my teeth). Oh yeah, you left out two of my favorites, arrogant and condescending.

Anyway, my mother-in-law got me a Tube Screamer and I got a new Furman PL-Plus with some giff cerfetickets. That's pretty much it. Oh yeah, a new Blue Blazer. And a dolphin vase for some new silk flowers (you've seen them around my house). And the new Eagles DVD. Mamacita also wants to charge that Sadowsky against my birthday, but I've had it for two months.

So thanks again, and Happy Birthday, "Brad."

16. Happy happy joy joy B-day- you crack me up.

17. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Having met both Mr. Bunga & very briefly Brad, I can attest to the fact they are indeed different individuals.

;)

Munji is the coolest grumpy, opinionated, snide, sarcastic, outspoken, arrogant, and condescending gear weenie I've ever had the pleasure to meet. He's also a funny bastid.

...now, all we gotta do is get him to get some Roscoe GAS and I'm all set!

:ninja:

18. Yo Munji... Happy birfday bro!

I personally enjoy the opinionated, snide, sarcastic, outspoken, arrogant aspect!

:hyper: