1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Happy With Your Setup??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassman2, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Gaolee

Gaolee Official leathers tester and crash dummy

If my skill level ever caught up, I would be very happy. Being happy and not thinking you have GAS doesn't mean you can't have a sudden bout of GAS that comes on all of a sudden at unexpected times. It's the "oh, shiny" moment of gear ownership.

2. Happy happy happy! Might look at an additional bass sometime, but no rush.

3. arai

arai Banned

Jul 16, 2007
    I don't have the sun shinning out of my behind either ;)

4. FrenchBassQC

FrenchBassQC Supporting Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Gatineau QC CA
    Very happy but might be trying to get a Pedulla Buzz 5 string fretless one day.

5. My sound isn't great, cuz I don't have a job. No job -> No dineros. No cash -> No sexy bass tone.

6. I'm happy with all my stuff. Have been for a while. Sure, I don't have the vintage stuff that I dream about, but I'm happy with the sound, the feel, and the reliability. I got all my basses covered for all the styles I might need to do.
    And I have some good recording gear, a nice 60's Ludwig drum kit, and a Hammond B-3 w/ Leslie, so now, all I really long to do is finish each song, mix 'em down, and send them to the mastering guy.

Pretty much my struggle these days is not gear, but for time to use it all to finish the songs I have.

7. kreider204

kreider204

Nov 29, 2008
    I'm pretty happy right now with my current gear (as per my profile). I'm still experimenting with some different kinds of strings, and my upright needs a bit more setup work done, but otherwise, I'm content. Once in a while I see something cool and think "I'd like to have that," but then I play my current stuff, and I love the way it all sounds and feels, and that GAS feeling goes away ...

8. Intresting posts to say the least....my current setup...Genz Benz Streamliner...NeoX 212....using the SVT setting...makes me happy...as for bass guitars...Rob Elrick Evo V...Roscoe Beck V...and a 70's PBass....SVT and Fender/Ric user most of my on stage days...did the Eden thing....but at 59 years old...weight is a deciding factor.....light weight and good tone....makes me a happy camper also. :D

9. hsech

hsech Work hard. My Social Security needs a raise.

Jun 27, 2012
    Central Iowa
    This was the last of my gear GAS. Before this I bought a new Gibson Midtown. The Gibson EB five string is a cool new addition. The MarkBass rig is outstanding.

Markbass1_zps191f1975.

10. mouthmw

mouthmw

Jul 19, 2009
    Croatia
    Happy for sure. Love my big bad GK NEO 412 with my big bad Ashdown ABM 900, such a weird combo but weird is good! My pedalboard also makes me happy and GAS free. The only thing I'd upgrade now is my bass. Or maybe just get another one. But yea, happy.

11. Thumper

Thumper Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2000
    Syracuse Ut
    So true!
    Vintage-'66J
    Boutique - Buckeye Roscoe SKB 3005
    Gig bass - Fender P5, CS NOS '59 P4
    Beaters/back ups - Zon 5/1, Fender JPJ
    Amps - LMII, CMD102p
    Cabs - 33 lb composite Audiokinesis 115, 102hf, 2 SWR Goliath III 410s
    Pedalboard see below

Life is good....

12. paganjack

paganjack

Dec 25, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    2 basses: p-bass w/ labellas, rick 4003 with rounds
    One amp: mesa buster and ampeg pf210he
    a few pedals that I've never sold: swollen pickle and MXR bass comp
    a few pedals that have come and gone

I don't see these changing ever.

13. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    Mark me down for "happy with my gear". It can play the bass at least as good as I can. :D