Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hartke 115xl price help, thanks

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Crockettnj, Sep 13, 2005.

1. Crockettnj

Crockettnj

Sep 2, 2005
    North NJ
    considering listing my hartke 115xl on ebay and also maybe at the local shop(er... nah.)

the driver is mint, but the cab collected some hair and shows wear. cab = 80%, driver 99%.

I'd LOVE your thoughts as to what i should ask for this. looking for any frame of reference.

thanks.

2. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    You are indirectly letting everyone here know you have an item for sale, and you are not a supporting member, which is a no-no . . .

If you were legitimately trying to find what they were going for on Ebay, all you would have to do is search Ebay.

I can't believe people keep doing this . . . .

3. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    50-60% of what a new one costs is what it's worth used. That's true for any speaker cabinet.

4. Crockettnj

Crockettnj

Sep 2, 2005
    North NJ
    Brian- thanks for the frame of reference. 50-60% is a pretty big markdown! makes me wonder if i should buy new at allin the future.

ERIc- get off your high horse "i cant believe people keep doing this?".
    i am new here, and never "did this" before. You dont like my question/post? dont respond. As to your advice, Just look on ebay? so for the 2 cabs like mine that were on there that had bids on them close to selling, is that the sole frame of reference i hsould use to price my gear? ok, how about the 5 other cabs that had no bids or had joke low ball bids? is THAt all my cab is worth? what reserve shoudl i use then?> is my cab only worth the 25 bucks? gee, many were still listed at 0 dollars. good price? Or, gee, maybe i should ask the BASS AMP FORUM for advice, being that this is would be an area of expertise. perish the thought.

i am here to get educated and share like everyone else. I have ebay access if i want to sell... the worlds LARGEST marketplace. I bet more eyeballs hit ebay a day than hit this place in a month. sure, i need to try and surreptisously sell my cab here to save the miniscule ebay fee. right.

YOUR cynicism is misdirected.

Have a swell day.

5. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Richland, WA
    Yeah, 50-60% is an awfully big markdown but unfortunately Brian is right. That is pretty average. There is the possibility of getting a better price but I wouldn't count on it too much.

I buy used as often as possible for this very reason. Out of all the deals I have made I have only been disappointed once and that was actually noones fault, just a fact.

But...sometimes to get what you want you just have to buy new.

:D

Joe.

P.S. Eric, the guy now has his answer and this post will now fade away, unlike the 'for sale' forum where people go to find things for sale around here. Sure, it was a one-shot advertisement but the only good it will do him as an advertisement is if someone HAPPENS to stumble over it in a non 'for sale' forum. These things get buried pretty fast. No harm done in my IMHO. Not that it matters. :D